11.24.2007

Chetiquette*

Why do I have to say this? If you are a server, you should already know. But since you don't, let me help you out. You DO NOT give people the check before they've finished their entree. This is SO RUDE!! It's so much simpler to just say, "Are you ready to go? Because I brought you these take out boxes. I just think you should leave now." I also can't stand that once you do bring the check, you make sure you take your sweet time coming back to the table. I understand everyone doesn't have their money ready as quickly as I do, but if you're coming to the table to hurry up and bring my check, then I need you to be just as quick or FASTER about gathering the money and bringing me back my change and/or receipt. This drives me INSANE!! GET IT TOGETHER!!!



*check etiquette! duh!

7 comments:

faboo mama said...

One of my biggest pet peeves too! I hate when they bring the check on bite 3. I've left some miniscule tips based on how fast they come back to get the check.

And they're especially rude when we have the kids with us. We had one waitress bring us the check right after we got our plates. We saw her maybe twice after that, never at our table. To get another beer, I had to go to the bar. I left her 13 cents and a little note composed on the back of a business card explaining her job to her.

the joy said...

Lol. He would have got anti-tip. He now owes me $2.

Rashan Jamal said...

I feel you on this one. I also hate when you are with a group of people and they try to regulate your tip amount. If I wanna tip more than 15% that's my business, not yours.

Southerner in Suomi said...

I'm mad at these stupid servers. They're the reason why I was always ready to kill someone at work.

I made good tips. Clearly doing what I was supposed to do. And common sense, just print the ticket out and keep it in your apron. Then ask if they want the ticket!!

It's a little piece of paper. It ain't heavy. And rashan, that whole regulating tip thing. That's negros for ya. Cause you know we don't even tip sometimes just to be trifling.

Jameil said...

fab... that pisses me off!! i just email their nat'l office to complain and get my free meal. i don't play that.

joy... not owes you $2.

rj... i never eat in groups b/c a) i don't like tip regulating and b) its just so extra. (see" i don't actually know that many people here. lol.)

v... this is what i'm sayin!! they don't teach folk this in server school???

Nikita T. Mitchell said...

so feelin you on this one.

Sha Boogie said...

That is my numba ONE pet peeve about eating out - craning my neck to find the dagon server after they were in such a rush to bring me the check! Arghh!!