11.28.2009

Week 4, Recipe 2: Fried Oysters

While at Rashan's mom's house for Thanksgiving I fried oysters.

2 eggs

2 tbsp. milk
salt & pepper
1 lb. of oysters
bread crumbs, flour or breading of your choice

Drain oysters.  Combine first four ingredients.  Coat oysters with egg mixture, then dip in flour.  Shake excess.  Fry in hot oil until golden brown.

Results: The oil got way too hot on Rah's mom's brand new digital stove & I didn't have a slotted spoon nearby so the first two or three I put in the oil burned.  Booo.  No worries.  I had at least 4 lbs. of oysters.  Once I got new oil & got it to a reasonable temp, the oysters came out fabulously.  They were a hit & gone way too fast!!  I didn't get enough!  I'll definitely be doing this recipe again!

2 comments:

Jazzy said...

looks good...please interoffice me some through Rah thnx in advance!

Rashan Jamal said...

It sounds so simple, but tastes so good. I may have to try that with some shrimp one day. I think that's the same recipe she uses.