10.05.2009

Monday Mindspacing Vol. 18

1) Jillian Michaels has RUINED me for all other exercise. If I'm not panting, ready to die, screaming "WHAT I'M S'POSED TA DO ABOUT MY LEGS CHARLIE MURPHAY???" after 11 minutes and ESPECIALLY after 30+ I'm convinced that was a poor excuse for a workout. It's crazy. Particularly since I'm not in shape enough to be killing myself with her!! I gotta work back up to it! AND I need to run my 5k this year!!! Geez!!
2) Quizno's salad. I like a meaty salad but at the expense of lettuce? A bit problematic.
3) It was a weird bus day last Wednesday. One girl kept staring at me, then smiled. Umm... hi? Then picture this: pierced brow, pierced ears, flip flops, long 2nd toe, boot cut overalls, graphing calculator... on a guy.
4) I'm really font picky. I had no idea until I started choosing a font for some of our film projects for class. I really believe fonts help determine mood as font nerdy as that sounds.
5) Why do companies sew pockets of clothing closed? It's very annoying. Apparently it's to help clothes keep their shape.
6) I really like pockets. Even if I don't use them.... I got a dress with pockets and it's SO cute! I love it!
7) Please don't take pictures of a wedding (or really any event) entirely on your mobile phone. It looks bad. The blurry shots are not hot.
8) I'm giving etsy a try for a handmade hat and/or some vintage jewelry. You have no idea how hard it is to find a handmade hat that's not knit! Good grief! And I need to make sure my head isn't bigger than 23', which seems to be the largest size, or I'm gonna be out of luck! Speaking of hats, I haven't worn mine in way too long! New goal! Wear every hat by the end of 2009. I don't care what it takes, I'm gettin it done!
9) Facebook is creepy. There's a girl I don't know but we have three of the most random friends in common. A black blogger, a white girl I went to middle school with and a girl I went to Hampton with... The girl from middle school REALLY threw me off...
10) Oh and facebook strikes again! This time with my mom. She's not at all the smothering or pressuring type. Quite the opposite, in fact. She got a taste of the facebooks. You know the disease which afflicts Stace and I on the regular of seeing what's going on in other people's lives and wanting THAT. RIGHT. NOW!! My mom saw some old friends on there and got a grandkid twinge. You have some years of waiting ahead of you, yet, lady! Put that on the back burner!
11) A head NOD is affirmation and agreement. A head SHAKE is disagreement. I don't like when they're used interchangeably. It always throws me off when people say 'she nodded in disagreement.' Fix it.
12) Twice in the last 2 weeks I've had the urge to comb my hair. That's a bit problematic since I have locs...
13) Wide-legged pants ROCK MY WORLD!! OMG!! I feel so tall when I wear them! And fly!

9 comments:

1969 said...

I agree....Jillian Michaels is the TROOF! Her workouts have me mad at 9 minutes in.

pserendipity said...

After Jillian Michaels, the treadmill just isn't the same.

Where are you finding the sewed up pocket slacks? I pay to have my pockets sewn together -- makes me look WAY less hippy when the pockets aren't bulging out.

Rashan Jamal said...

1. Eddie Murphy. I just told you that the other day.

3. and the picture is where???

7. On the subject of wedding pictures, why is the groom always an after thought. I want to be a star, not just a supporting character in mine.

10. Luckily my mom already has 9 grands already so no facebook pressure there.

Ladynay said...

Funny you should mention Ms. Michaels I was reading about her 30 minute shred video yesterday and most said she's insane! LOL!

Can a salad be called a salad if the last ingredient on the list is lettuce? Hmmmmm

Running a 5K this year? Yeah good luck with that!

Wide legged pants shouldn't make you feel tall but I'm glad they work for you! LOL!

Liz Dwyer said...

LOL! Jillian Michaels has made me feel like I'm gonna cry! I haven't done any of her DVDs in almost 3 weeks because I've been feeling rebellious. But if I stop doing her workouts my pants get tighter...and Halloween is coming so I guess it's back on the Jillian grind!

And why is my word verification "reducess"? -- Cuz I need to reducess my waistline?

Not So Anonymous said...

So, I came back to read comments, because that's what I like doing. And, I needed to give a quick LOL to Los Angelista for the reducces my waistline comment.

Ok, I'm leaving your page now.

Jameil said...

1969... right!? i get all proud of myself when i make it an extra 2 minutes without feeling mad!

pseren... right!? you're on the treadmill like where's the rest?? i'm subbing elliptical in this discussion b/c i have never liked treadmills. express sews pockets. not in everything but i had some trendy jeans w/sewn pockets! not feelin it!

rj... i know... lol. i left it like that to irk you. lololol. i didn't have my camera & he was looking at me, too! i think grooms are afterthoughts b/c they don't wear pretty dresses. guess you better look interesting on your wedding day! 9 is a lot.

ladynay... she's a killa! no more trouble zones is even worse! so right on last ingredient lettuce!! CRAZY! liz & 1969 5k inspired me TWO YEARS AGO and i haven't acted on it! why shouldn't they make me feel tall? that's a hate statement right there! WHY WON'T YOU LET ME BE GREAT?!?

liz... sweat pouring after 4 minutes, gasping for air! why does halloween put you back on your grind????? lololol. maybe that was your verification b/c you're the queen of reducing? the reducess? lol. idk!

Nerd Girl said...

LOL - please don't comb your hair! But if you decide to - let me know how that works out for you!!!

I've got to get my DVD player working. I bought 30 day shred months ago and haven't used it yet.

Jameil said...

nerd girl... lol! i won't comb it but i might have to make rashan grow his out so i can comb his. girl! if you want to get a workout, get that dvd player under control!