12.21.2011

The Definition of Fall Back

Sometimes people don't know how to leave well enough alone. Or how to mind their own business. This... is the definition of fall back. Long story short: I was good friends with a guy, we dated, broke up, talked a few times then I ignored him for a couple of years. He got the hint and hasn't attempted to talk to me in over a year. I got married this year and so did he. Cool.

We have a mutual friend who thinks ex & I need to be friends again. Wait. What?The two of them are actually much closer than her and I probably ever were. Me and this girl now talk about television occasionally. Like three times in a month via facebook and then nothing for months. Once a year or so, she brings the ex up to me. Monday was my lucky(ish?) day. She tells me she's not sure how we left things but she thinks ex needs his bud and we can probably talk about newlywed things.

Hol up ma'am. So ex and I haven't talked in years but because it crossed your mind and we got married in the same year, you think we should... What? Alright then. Do I attempt to tell you how to raise your children? Did you think about that message before you sent it? I assumed you didn't REALLY think about it which is why I didn't bother to address that with you. I'm pretty sure the newlywed stuff I need to discuss can be discussed with any of the FOUR 2011 newlywed couples I actually have a relationship with or...OR... and this is a long shot. Stick with me. I think I could talk to my favorite newlywed... my husband.

*drops mic*

10 comments:

akima said...

ugh, i hate, hate, hate unsolicited advice!!

like, you just gon tell me what you think? even though i don't care? ugh.

K. Rock said...

Hmmm...this is a little weird. Why is she pushing you guys to be friends? I dont see what she would get out of it. Makes me think that HE is telling her to keep suggesting that. That's the only thing I can think of. If not that then she seems easy enough to ignore.

Enigma said...

No ma'am. She is all out of pocket. You are being very nice about this. I think I would prolly tell her to leave it alone or to get the h**l on. Life is stressful enough, she can keep her nonsense to herself. Just no.

Sparkling Red said...

I cannot begin to imagine her motivation. That is so inappropriate! Friendships with exes are always a touchy subject. Why would she want to go stirring up trouble like that?

Naima said...

*mouth agape*

SimplyB said...

Very weird of her to suggest that. You may need to set her straight.

Or maybe she is using that as a conversation starter.

Jameil said...

akima... LOLOL! why yes, I do believe I shall. if you have an ex you haven't talked to in years, it's time to reunite!

k... sigh. i think it has something to do w/the fact that her oldest son's father just died before 30 and she's feeling like life is short. idk where else it would be coming from and it doesn't really matter. i can still ignore it for now. next time I'll be politely letting her know enough is enough.

enigma... extremely out of pocket but ROTFL @ your response!

red... right... i honestly think she doesn't think of it as stirring up trouble. but i don't really trust her judgment so...

naima... i had the screw face when i read it.

simply b... maybe. but i'll leave it alone for now. if you want to start a conversation, i can give you a list of possible topics. but that ain't one.

1969 said...

Who thinks it's a good idea for anyone to start talking to their exes? That is usually not a good idea for ANYONE.

Is he asking her to push so he can start talking to you again? Something in the milk ain't clean. Good for you for recognizing crazy when you see it.

Jameil said...

Exactly. You have no idea what old stuff you might be bringing up unnecessarily. No matter what's driving her, I'm not interested. Also, I like clean milk. LOLOL

Not so Anonymous said...

What in the world?? Some people are so ridiculous. Where did she get her brilliant idea?

Oh, if you can't tell I'm catching up on all your posts, lol.