9.19.2007

You've Been Xed

You know how when you add clothing to your closet, you're supposed to take something out? I'm getting into the closet cleaning thing something serious. I'm loving emptying my drawers to make room for something I'll actually wear. I cleaned out some of my winter clothes and am about to pull out more shirts, pants, etc. that I haven't worn... probably in the 2+ years I've been in Pittsburgh. I will not be carting these crazy clothes all over the country for the rest of my life. Since I bought the cutest cap-sleeved seersucker blazer in MIA, something's gotta go! Plus I'm starting to pull out fall stuff :( so I'm getting a look at what will be getting its auf wiederschauen!!!

Are you aware that Proje.ct Run.way is just weeks away from its premiere? This brings me unparalleled joy. YAY!!! And for once, Heidi K.lum is not preggers for it! Amazing!! Sea.l was keepin her knocked up for a minute there. Speaking of which, have you watched Tim Gu.nn's Guid.e to Sty.le? LOVE. I just have this thing about shows that teach the uninformed how to clothe their bodies. It's so necessary.

Well, much like clothes, when you add a new blog, or 8 to the blog roll, you have to cut some off, as well. I've been hanging on to some that have got to go. Time to rearrange and purge. More than a month w/o posting? Outta there. Betta let me know when you post again. They call me blog bully for a reason. If I didn't care, I wouldn't say anything. So feel loved.

16 comments:

Liz Dwyer said...

I need to clean out my closet as well. Or rather, I need to get rid of some of my husband's clothes. There are just a few things he needs to let go. Brother still has Freaknik t-shirts!!!

I am also dying for Project Runway to come back. Tim Gunn's Guide To Style...I'm in love with him and Veronica Webb is fab.

Chris said...

smh@the bootleg Andy Dick blog eliminations. Shameful. And Seal needs to hip regular cats to the game. How in the world can you pull a model looking the way he does? I for one would buy a "how to" manual from Seal.

Still Patrice said...

OMG! I can NOT wait until Project Runway. Shoot they made us wait forever

1969 said...

LOL @ Liz and the Freaknik shirts

Ahhh....Project Runway. "MAKE IT WORK!" is my mantra.

I love Tim Gunn's show for the top ten list of all things a woman should have in her closet. However, you know how I feel about them rifling through people's underwear drawers on National TV. Hmph.

Anonymous said...

i've heard so much about Project Runway...I gotta tune in this season

Jameil said...

liz... lmao!! those shirts are classics! in 10 years, your sons will wear them under blazers w/sneakers when that look returns again. PR IS LOVE!! Long live Tim & Veronica!!

chris... some things you just have to let go of. all men should buy that manual from seal!! lmao!!

paj.. right?!?! until then, we've gotta make it work!! right 1969 lolol!!

1969... fab-o. you're letting people in your house and you don't know you need to cleanse the draws draw'? that may be partly their fault.

real... YES!! Get thee on the bandwagon imejately!!

Fergie said...

I am equally excited about Project Runway and all the new fall shows that are coming on. I watched two episodes of Tim Gunn's show. He made the skinny lady look fab, and this lady that lost a lot of weigh look frumpy (in my opinion). But I'll give it another try. Just waiting for him to have a female africian american that is a size 12 - 14 so I can get me some tips.

Don said...

lol @ you now throwing away your Free OJ shirts.

Sha Boogie said...

I so need to do that...I am something of a packrat when it comes to clothes. I try to live by the rule of 'if I have not worn it in over a year throw it out' but I swear I'm going to find shoes to match with that pink and red skirt my cousin got me 4 years ago!..lol

Jameil said...

fergie... you know people struggle when they have to dress someone larger than a size 4. i can't wait to see a black person on their, either. i just like seeing black people on my fave shows.

don... lololol. oj can fight his own battles!!

sha... let it go baby!! if i can do it, you can, too!!

Adei von K said...

i hope ashli is reading this...

lol at seal keeping her knocked up! so true!

La said...

I refuse, REFUSE to give up my Freaknik shirts!!! Lol

I too love the closet cleaning. Its theraputic. And my friends win out cuz if they're around they get alot of new stuff w/tags still on to add to their closet. The only thing I can't bear to part w/is shoes. I don't think I've ever thrown a pair away.

LoveMyselfFirst said...

you are my kinda guy.. closet cleaning and project runway! i'm on the fence about the tim gunn show.. not quite feeling the vibe.. maybe i need to see another episode.. nice blog, btw

Unknown said...

Mos def cant wait for Project Runway!! and mos def need some tips on cleaning out a closet b/c i still got stuff in my closet back from when i was 10...im almost 21 so SAD!!

*Tanyetta* said...

i need to get on it.

question: why do you put dots in the middle of names??????

Tim Gu.nn
etc...

Just wondering :)

Jameil said...

stace... LMAO!! she got deleted in the mix... oh well. i know where to find her if she ever comes back.

la... keep the freaknik!! lmao!! i've def thrown shoes away. you sit there for years and i always pass you up? time to go.

luv... i'm a woman, but closet cleaning is so important!!

mem... let it go, baby. LET IT GO!!! those clothes you haven't worn in 8 years? you won't even remember them or notice they're gone once they're out.

tan... so when people do a net search abt the show, they don't necessarily find my blog.