8.03.2011

August Goals

BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!!  But first, let's review July!

July Goals
1) Read 65 more books of the Bible to reach 1020.  I'm including the completion of the books of II Chronicles & Lamentations.  How did I manage to be one short??  And write the goal wrong?  It was supposed to be 120. Ah well.  I completed the books and got quite far into Isaiah.
2) Continue getting at least 3 workouts per week.  Let's get it!  My word! I did the worst on this one that I've done in quite a while.
3) Make and keep a budget.  Guess how I'm already fixing this?  By actually writing a budget.  Boom.  The budget struggle is REAL, y'all!  Le sigh.
4) Finish my films.  I'm working on several right now and I need to be freed from a rut.  If making this goal makes it happen, so shall it be done.   I was freed from a rut but I didn't finish everything. I am very close to being finished with one.  Hmm... I shall continue this goal.
5) Read at least 3 books.  I'm reducing the goal this month because the books are much longer and/or more difficult.  Done!  And one of the teaching books was AWESOME!  OMG!  I started this free think thing based on what I read.  So every morning where I just sit and think with pen and paper in hand and let the ideas come.  LOVE IT so far!
6) Watch at least 4 movies on the AFI list.  The movies are much longer now as well but at this rate I'll be done before the end of the year!!!  WHEEEEEE!!  Yay!  Done!
7) Complete at least two 30 Before 30 goals.  I.AM.RID.ING.A.ME.CHA.NI.CAL BULL THIS MONTH!!!  It's driving me NUTS that I haven't done it yet.  Okay I did one and it wasn't the bull. LOL.  I entered a recipe contest!  Cross your fingers!
8) Challenge myself sartorially.  One of Kendi's 30 for 30 modifications is a 15 for 15, which I think will make me so much less crazy!  The one 30 for 30 I did nearly killed me!  I'm already not shopping other than gift cards I'm itching to spend.  Yay!!  I'm at least 10 outfits behind on posting... whoa but I have limited my closet to myself with clothes only, wearing as many of the shoes in my closet as possible and it's brought me great joy!  I've put so many outfits together I NEVER would've paired
9) Cook at least 3 new recipes each week.  It's been a while since I had a goal like this one so it's time!  Considering we're halfway through the month already, I may be a tad behind but as long as I get in 12 recipes this month, I'll be happy! Yay!!  12 done!!  I enjoyed this goal, too.


August Goals
1) Read 3 books.  At least one teaching book and make progress on a film and/or journalism book.
2) Read an additional 60 books of the bible to reach 1081.  I'll have just over 100 left!!  I also want to finish Isaiah and read all of Jeremiah.
3) Watch at least 4 AFI movies.  I know "Modern Times" will be one.  We'll see about the rest. 
4) Cook at least 12 new recipes.  Love this goal.
5) Complete at least two 30 before 30 goals.  I have 6 completed, 6 in progress and 18 outstanding... in a little over a year.  Whoa.  I need to get some stuff done before I turn 29 in three weeks!

6) Work out at least three times per week.  Time to get back into the swing of things.
7) Make progress on the job search daily.  This includes searching, writing letters and resumes and CVs, etc.

2 comments:

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Wonderful goals as always. You've inspired my uninspired self to do some for August. Maybe that will help my blahs! Ummm ma'am you are in wedded bliss I'm surprised you did half the things you set out to do! Good job! Fingers crossed on the recipe contest. Are you giving the deets?

Jameil said...

Yay! I love goals! Rashan works 40hrs a week so wedded bliss allows plenty of time for goal achievement. I'll give details on the recipe contest when I find out whether or not I won.