7.17.2011

Movies 2011, Week 27

July 10-16, 2011
It's been a while since I posted movies the week after I watched them, huh?  Finally watched enough to justify a separate post!  I enjoyed watching so many movies this week.  Look forward to getting some in next week as well.
110) Shawshank Redemption. Awesome movie starring Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins.  Loved it.  Can't imagine how and why I waited so long to see it.  I honestly thought I already had.  5 stars
111) HallPass. This will shock you... this movie was incredibly predictable even from the outset.  Oh my GOSH this movie was filled with unnecessary scenes.  Why didn't they let Jenna Fischer wear any makeup?  She looked especially ridiculous next to Christina Applegate.  Unlike most movies, the end was better than the beginning.  Still, you can skip this.  2.9 stars
112) Unforgiven. Clint Eastwood & Morgan Freeman star in this film about two cowboys out to avenge a cut up w.hore. Awesome start. Great middle, great end.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Though I must say the pre- and post-scripts made no sense to me.  4.5 stars
113) Hangover Part II. Ugh. I loved Part I! Loved it!  I thought it was hilarious, universally hilarious and gave it 5 stars.  This one was trying way too hard and was even predictable.  It induced scoffing and eye rolls.  Pass.  2 stars
114) Raging Bull.  Scorcese-directed film starring Robert DeNiro and Joe Pesci. The first fight looked extra fake.  I never need to see another boxing movie again.  I don't enjoy them anymore than I enjoy watching boxing on tv.  I'm not denying that this movie has redeeming qualities for many people.  It's just not for me.  2.9 stars

2 comments:

K. Rock said...

Yes Shawshank is a completely awesome movie. One of my faves.
I heard the same thing about Hangover 2. Just trying to hard. I will see it when it comes on Netflix.

Jameil said...

Trying way too hard! Smart move.