5.03.2007

Loser Week Over!

Geez that took a long time. I needed something else to look forward to. Scroll through most of April and you'll see a myriad of "woe is me" ridiculous posts. I use this thing as a diary of sorts sometimes. My MOST personal thoughts don't often show up on here but those were definitely highly personal with me. BUT apparently all of blogger is going through a quarter-life crisis of sorts so it seemed appropriate. Lol. We are so dramatic! How did our ancestors survive without all this self-help crap and life crises for every milestone? Oh yeah, they worked. But this is a far different time. Good in some respects, bad in others. Sometimes there can be such a thing as too much introspection, yes?

Yesterday I fulfilled one of my goals for the new year: I finally met a blogger! WHAT?!! 15 trials and it finally happened. Veronica hit me up via email, let me know she was gonna be in the 'burgh and we went to a Pirates game. It was fun, despite their 7-1 loss to the Cubs(??? of all teams!) We each had a $3.50 nutty butty and I had a $6 16 oz. Yuengling. Outrageous. I also paid $15 for parking. Ouch. But we had great seats (sorry I left my camera in the car!) See that third pic? We were on that side of the ballpark and that was our view. Hot right?! It was fantastic. But HOT! Not Charlotte hot, but hot nonetheless since we were sittin in the sun. I got a mini tan. WHOO! I look a little more chocolate. The problem w/my tans is I don't stay in the sun anymore after the first time and promptly lose them within a few days. Booooooooooo. Can I get chocolate? Is that so much to ask?

I also had to get on V about not blogging. What is this? I gotta track y'all down to ask you personally to blog? I have to go to Connecticut to get Ashli, Jerz to get X (is that where you are? X where the *beep* are you guh!) and Mama A and DC to shake Madam (oh the jokes for that one! Blogger got its own DC Madam!!!!) Stace already called the folk out and y'all STILL slackin. I've gotta go to IOWA to get Dream, Houston for La. I mean I even got to travel to Colombia (YES THE COUNTRY!!!) to get Karamale. I've had to rearrange my favorites because y'all folk trippin. Get it together!!!!

I'm realizing part of my funk. I NEED TO GET OUT THE HOUSE!!! That's just how I am. I need to interact with people outside of work. That's why college was so fun. Built-in friends right there. And I had some fantastic ones. Still do. And they love to go out just as much as I do. Can't wait to have that again. Anyone want to move to Pittsburgh?

What do I have to look forward to now? Well... I just bought my latest ticket to Connecticut. I'll see Kyle on June 6th. Yes I know that's more than a month away but I will survive. At least I know when I'll get my reprieve (its like a prison break or parole or something). Woot woot! I'll also see the lovely Ashli! Weeee! And the new condo she just bought. Yay! AND Kyle says he bought me something he will only give to me in person. Hurray! So exciting. But its not jewelery. Poo. Hahahaha. But anything from him will have meaning because it will show he's been listening to me. Love him.

I also bought two funny books from Urban Outfitters. I don't really ever find things I like in that store for the price I want to pay. All their weird clothes are always so overpriced. But sometimes I like their strange books. Oddly enough, one of them provided some clarity I didn't expect. I'll tell you all about them another time! Hahahaha. I know you hate when I offer something (I do too because then its so rare for me to actually write about it). Oh well. You'll survive. Just remind me when there's a post you need! Kisses!

13 comments:

Miguel said...

i have about 15 unfinished posts that i start at work, then end up getting distracted by whatever shenanigans is going on that day.

CNEL said...

Hooray for meeting cool peeps.

If I don't blog as frequently this summer, don't be on my case. Here lies a disclaimer, it's 9 to 5 time LoL. Umm I know not an excuse, but justification nevertheless LoL.

Yay for gifts. I like how he makes it a mystery for you. I think it makes the gift more special.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you I was in the Burgh 2 weeks ago!!

It does seem like everyone is going through some ish here. We need a pick me up.

Southerner in Suomi said...

I think this is officially my loser week with my current situation. And I'm going to Jazz Fest in a few days and I can't even get excited. Somebody smack me please!?!

the joy said...

I'm glad your S.A.D. Is over. More happy posts!

I got an "all about us" book that kesi and I did together. It was fun. I recommend.

Jameil said...

hustle... yeah you be trippin, too. i might have to make a trip out to vegas to straighten you out.

cnel.. 9 to 5??? pish tosh. i work a minimum of 11 hours a day on the weekend. if i post, you sure can. suck it up. i LOVE the mystery.

epsi... YOU ARE SO TRIFLIN.

v... jazz fest!! woooooo! that's hot.

joy... i bought that book. i told kyle about it and he was like yeah... i think that book is the reason why people are no longer together... lmao. so i don't think we'll be doing it. it was a bit much to me.

the joy said...

Oh yeah things did come out over that book. But if they didn't it woulda been bad. We enjoyed it. A lot of the questions were stuff we talk about anyway.

Sha Boogie said...

Yaay! I'm not weird for meeting a blogger friend in person!! Thanks, you made my day buddy. I always hated that weird feeling when one of my 'real live' friends ask me where I met so and so...and I'm like uhhh...hmmm...well...lol

Charreah said...

yay for meeting blogger friends(and cute baseball players in tight pants:)! I met one of my blog buddies in February and it made me appreciate technology . . .and reminded me how weird I am to have be that far from home to find someone who "gets" me

Jameil said...

joy... yeah i'm questioning the crap out of the bf right now with another book to be discussed at another time! :0)

sha... we get so into each other's lives, it would be odd for us not to feel the urge to meet (well obviously not us since we know each other from college. i didn't know you were still in beantown, tho. i made kyle take me there for my bday last august. we def could've used your expertise). when one of my work friends asked who i was going to the game w/i did feel a bit odd about saying how i knew her! lololol

queen... isn't the net the most fantastic crack ever? gimme some mo!

La said...

Damn did I just get called out via internet? Lol

dreamyj said...

feelin you on that quarter life crisis girl, hopefully this too shall pass...

p_nami said...

Yeah you are correct. People have been showing their ass in blogger world...LOL. I'm really back though! I will be commenting on your older blogs now and keeping mine updated. You can come check me out again
:-)