3.20.2011

Movies 2011, Weeks 9-10

Wow!  It's been a while since I posted one of these, huh?  Well, here it is!  Maybe next time I'll have more films!
 
February 27- March 5, 2011
53) Inception.  AWESOME!  I loved the mind-bending aspects of it.  I will admit that I started to want them to wrap it up a little faster around the hour 40 mark when I knew there were still 40 minutes left.  But I would definitely recommend this to people and definitely watch it again.  You just know it's the kind of film you could see something different after 50 watchings of it.  I also loved the end.  Subtracting a bit for length.  4.7 stars
54) Temple Grandin. HBO film starring Claire Danes (who won a Golden Globe for the role) as an autistic woman who became an expert and educator on animal husbandry and autism.  Really good.  Touching.  5 stars

March 6- 12, 2011
55) The Sandlot. A kids movie about  OMG what annoyingly bad narration.  No child of mine will ever make it to even 5yo w/o throwing a ball.  Male or female!  Unacceptable!  I needed to watch this as a kid to have the appropriate appreciation... But still, "You're killing me, Smalls!" = AWESOME!  I say it all the time  b/c of one of my UF classmates and had never seen the movie.  The ending somewhat redeemed this for me but still... 2.9 stars
56) The Rainmaker. Matt Damon & Danny Devito star as attorneys taking on the man for some poor people.  I enjoyed it thoroughly.  A tad long.  4 stars

March 13- 19, 2011
57) Life As We Know It. Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel star as people who hate each other with mutual best friends who become joint guardians when their friends die.  Even though I got it from Netflix, I was really surprised to like this movie.  It's cute and well-played.  3.9 stars
58) Days of Wine & Roses.  1962 film starring Jack Lemmon about two alcoholics and how their illness destroyed their family.  Really good, really raw.  I wasn't expecting it to be nearly this good.  Wow.  I wanted to know what happened after the end.  4 stars

2 comments:

1969 said...

Inception was the best movie I saw last year. I had to see it twice!

Jameil said...

I loved that movie!! I so wasn't expecting that!!