1.01.2008

GET ME OUT OF HERE!!

I know it's a bit early in 2008 to want to get away, but may I? The thing about my job is that we're not allowed to take vacation days during the ratings periods and the week preceding. That means February, May, July, and November. Done. So I feel like I need to get out NOW or I have to wait until March and I don't know if I will make it. I just need a 3 month week FINE!! day break from this city. Stace didn't help. Coming here and all. Y'all know I'm fun in a 5'1 1/4" package with fabulous shoes!! I don't know how to do something or be somewhere without enticing fun to come play. That is not exactly encouraged with my present schedule. Going to bed at 4 in the afternoon and waking up at 11:45 does not a fun-loving schedule make! Life can be so wearying. I'm also thinking of breaking the now 63-day blogging streak. You know, break things up. But it's SUCH a habit that I really just want to see how long I can go.

Today after the gym, I brought home BostonM.arket for me and dad. Yum. We also sat and chatted in a Daddy-Daughter day type way. I always ask him a lot of questions about his life. I'm piecing it together. He moved to Charlotte after graduating from high school, then joined the AirF.orce, traveled a bit, then moved back to his hometown, Rowland, NC. We're watching "TheWhol.e10Yar.ds" and enjoying glasses of wine. Well, he's enjoying it. It's red which I usually find to be bitter and disgusting. Today is not an exception. First drink of the new year. I was about to go to work not long after ringing in 2008. My toast? With water. *shudder*

11 comments:

Sparkling Red said...

Happy New Year!

Wow - a 63-day streak! Are you sure you don't want to sign up for Blog 365? You're a natural. Even I've skipped a day or two in the past two months.

Southerner in Suomi said...

It's ok, I feel asleep at 11:30 p.m. and woke up this morning with a sinus headache.

Adei von K said...

i sorry.

toast with water is okay. i didn't toast cause i was knocked out! did i fall asleep on you??

Momisodes said...

Wow....63 days? You deserve a medal...and a break. I hope you can get at least a day break soon...and a cocktail to go with it.

yet another black guy said...

i have a lot of blogs to catch up on, but i had to at least get the first one of the year!

it's so cool you and your pops have a great relationship and that you have a genuine interest in his life.

and toasting with water?! i had a shot of Petron (on my lunch break at work at that!) for you, so it's all good.

Jameil said...

red... thx!! i'm considering it but i would like to do something i KNOW i can succeed at! (i know, bratty of me.)

v... so i win! lol

stace... lol. its ok. you said "happy new year... ok i'm goin to sleep. hilarious!"

sandy... thx!! mojito!

black... lol. you got work! thanks for talking to my friend pat on my behalf! so caring.

yet another black guy said...

Oh, yeah duh! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Rashan Jamal said...

I toasted with water too. I was still at work and though I could have popped a bottle, I thought better of it. I didn't know about the July ratings period. Is that just for local programming? Go ahead and take a couple days off from work, and dare I say, blogging. Everytime you mention how long its been, it makes me feel bad for quitting after like 40 days.

Jameil said...

black... lol. thx.

rj... pop bottles! idk. its not a big one. neither is february. may and nov are the main ones. you know i do it to make you look bad, right? just makin sure. are you doin blog 365? don't be scared.

So...Wise...Sista said...

Well there IS a 3day weekend coming up...GO! GO! GO!

Jameil said...

wise... oh dearest wise. are you serious? you MUST know that I don't get holidays of any sort on their traditional days unless they fall on my normal off days. aren't you a fellow journo???