Or should I call you Studds? Studdy? Rub Stud Studdy? Hey friend! I have an idea. A good one, I think. We should be able to really jump start your career.
Remember your song? Sorry for 2004? Arguably your biggest hit...
I think you need to reprise it for 2014. I think it will be AMAZING! "This is my sorry for... two-thousand fourTEEEEEN and I ain't gonna mess up no mooooore, this year..." Etc. etc. By just appending the teen to the four, you make people think maybe this is the same song? But WAIT! THERE'S MORE! Just like an infomercial!
You rhymed with year and four and many of these still work. AND! Now you can also rhyme with teen. May I suggest seen? Clean? The alternate (admittedly slightly obnoxious) pronunciation of been? Bean? I don't know how bean would fit in this in a reputable way. Scratch that. Another tip: don't use teen and teen as rhymes. No one will be impressed with that. But I think you have something to work with so get started! Thank me in the credits and if you win an award for this, send me one, too.
You're welcome in advance!
Is it too late to review 2012? I think not so here it is! As always I set some goals/resolutions whatever youwant to call lthem. At the beginning of the year, I set out to accomplish some things. I really realy like the fresh start of a new year. Here's how I did.
- Try some old recipes again. I think I did great on this! I'm still very used to trying new recipes and do so more often than not but I made a concerted effort
- Re-vamp my food blog. I'm still not where I want to be on this mostly because I'm re-evaluating this blogging thing. 2013 shall be interesting.
- Run 750 miles, a 10k and a half marathon. That's about 14.5 miles every week. I'm so excited about where I'll be this time next year! A few things made this more difficult than expected, including half marathon taper and recovery but I made it to 715. So close! I also got in, 2 5Ks, THREE 10Ks and a half marathon. Love it!
- Work out 3-5 times every week. Yes! Very happy! I re-added strength training to my life and it's making me feel so strong!
- Read 45 books. I read 50 in 2011. I read 58! Woohoo! Really unexpected but I got into a good grove with some memoirs, quick read novels & nonfiction humor.
- Make a real effort to find a church. I didn't attend a single one locally in 2011. I tried 3 churches in 2012. I actually found one that I really liked so I'll be back and I'll try out at least one more.
- Use my time more wisely. That means creating a plan for my days and executing it. I have to have a plan and deadlines to get films created, books read and syllabi written. This was hit or miss. I'm going to have to drastically shake things up this year.
- Buy a camera and a new desktop computer. If I'm going to make more documentaries, I need the equipment to move it on forward! Not in the budget. Hopefully this year.
- Complete my professional website. Self side eye.
- Change my name. Yay! Done!
- Volunteer. Leading my running group is the ultimate volunteer session but I'd like to do more in other areas. I spearheaded a coat/glove/scarf drive for local Head Start. I can do more.
- Complete at least 10 more 30 before 30 goals. I'd done 11 and did 6 more. I'd revised my list to more accurately reflect my current lifestyle. I moved them to what would have been my 35 before 35 but will now be 40 before 40. I think big goals for each decade is good. I also have a life list of things I want to accomplish. Mayhaps they should all be one? We'll see.
- Budget our spending to make room for more things we like to do. And of course, we need to build our savings. The savings part is still a challenge but we had more fun than expected in 2012!
- Save $1,500 on our grocery bill this year. I did better about wasting food but there's still room for improvement. Rashan and I saved over $1200 via coupons and store sales. Even better? Our percentage saved was MUCH higher in 2012 than 2011.
- Get a magnificent job. Sigh. Still hasn't happened.
- Watch more documentaries. I did! But I almost always feel like I could watch more so I shall.
- Make more documentaries. I did the cinematography for a short unexpectedly! It was fun.
- Attend at least 2 film festivals. I didn't... BUT one of my films got into 2 fests... EVEN BETTER!!