5.20.2008

Work It Harder Make It Better Do It Faster Makes Us Stronger

One year later that's how I feel. "Grace and mercy brought me through. I'm living this moment because of You." Chile I made it!! And I'm excited!! This time one year ago I was acting up. I won't call it overreacting because who's to say that? It was how I was feeling at the time. I'm convinced I needed to go through that in order to help someone through something else in the future. I have peace now surrounding what happened. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I wasn't as close to God as I am now. The incident, as I've previously mentioned, brought me closer. It was my personal earthquake. I had to move on. I had to allow Him to turn a dark event into light. I had to forgive. 13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

I know my trials are preparation for my triumphs. (c) Jameil

Look out world!! Here I come!! How excited are you?? BECAUSE I'M ECSTATIC!! THANKS G(od)!

15 comments:

Sparkling Red said...

Hooray for handing all your worries over to God! I've been doing that today. It's such a better option than getting drained by fear. Just let God handle it.

shani-o said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you. I can't believe it's already been a year. It's amazing how a test of strength can serve to make us stronger.

1969 said...

Amen, Amen, Amen. Nothing like personal and spiritual growth. So proud of my friend in the Burgh.

Open Grove Claudia said...

Congratulation! It takes a lot to recognize that God allows u-turns. I'm delighted you took one! :)

Jameil said...

red... yay!!!!!!!!!

red... thank you dahling!! and so strong!!

1969... yes! and thanks!

claud... thanks!! :)

Rashan Jamal said...

Wait, does this count as going to church?

Momisodes said...

YOU, are such an inspiration. Seriously. And I love your (c) quote.

Jazzy said...

lol @ RJ...stupid!

"I have peace now surrounding what happened."

What a difference a year makes.

Forgiving and moving on...so hard for me to do...glad you were able to come out of this a stronger person girlie!

Jazzy said...

"I know my trials and tribulations are prepartion for my triumphs"

Luv it and will probably borrow it often.

Anonymous said...

G is good even when he doesnt have to be... Ive been going through some unexpected ish over these last few days ... and if it werent for my faith and folks around me sendin up prayers who knows whered Id be ... yaaaaaay G(od)!!!

Southerner in Suomi said...

Isn't crazy how bad it seems at the time?

*cyber hug* So happy for you girlie.

Liz Dwyer said...

That's the way to do it...let go and let God. Keep it stepping like the worthy and accomplished woman you are! Go, Jameil!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! It's so great to see someone let go, let Him, and grow with Him. You're really an inspiration.

La said...

Amen :)

Jameil said...

rj... no.

sandy... aww! thanks!

diva... don't encourage him! doesn't a year make a difference? I know what doesn't kill me makes me stronger and I love it!!

cali... right?!? isn't that the best?? and seeing the improvements in yourself because you're letting go.

v... yes! lol and thnx!

liz... thanks liz!

bella... awww! thanks!

la... :)