5.15.2008

500 Posts!

I hit the milestone w/o breaking a sweat. I'm a beast. But in the hot, fabulous, 4-inch-heel-wearing way. It's really magnifical. Me and mom are watching ER now. Actually my mom is and it's just on in the background. Guess who had a layover in "A-t-l-a-n-t-a, G-A that's where I stay"? I can't stop bursting into song every 30 seconds. It gets worse when I'm around my sister because I add in lots of tv shows and movies and she gets every single one. That's the cool thing about growing up with someone especially in our case where we're 19 months apart. You can't help but have some modicum of closeness... on the other hand... that closeness in age also makes you want to cut the other person. Our relationship is all ups and downs. Up and down and up and down. Very little middle. I still have to yell at her about her seatbelt. I really don't want a toothless sister until I'm very old. Also I don't want a dead one. Call me crazy.

Oh no. The news. I know way too much about how it goes on the air (obviously) so I get bananas! It's annoying to watch it with me. I know this but I can't stop. Back to ATL. I had a 2 hour layover there but didn't figure that out until I was there that I knew bloggers there. Oops.
Ah well. Y'all will be alright. I was like I wonder how close Joy is to me right now... Anyway when I got to Charlotte, I called my homies Tasha and JoEllen and my mom and I met them at a restaurant. My appetizer was pepper-crusted seared ahi tuna w/wasabi mayo and pickled ginger. My entree was roasted potatoes, mixed vegetables and meatloaf. Everything was a different temperature. Umm... it's all supposed to be hot. Outrageous. For dessert I had key lime pie. LOVE key lime. LOVE IT!! I could've skipped the entree and just had appetizer and desert b/c both of them were delightful. We shut down the restaurant then I came home and collapsed asleep.

Today I woke up at 6:47 and had eye dyslexia. I thought it said 8:57 and was so excited! I was like I slept in!!! (I wake up at 11:45 p.m. or earlier to go to work.) Then I saw the end of the morning local news and was like UGH!! Stupid eyes!!!! But I was already up. My mom and I went on a walk then cooked brekky-- eggs, sausage and grits. Then my dad came over with all my sister's stuff from her dorm. He got me some KRISPY KREME on the way!! YESSSSSS!! I've been wanting a doughnut for at least a week and couldn't get one easily enough because 3 in my area have shut down in the last 2 years and I don't know where any more are. Pitiful. Then my mom and I headed up to Greensboro. Yes, I did have an attitude about us not leaving when we said we would. There was ONE time we needed to hit this week and she couldn't do that. Ridiculous. I know I need to relax but I just would rather you NEVER ask me to pinpoint a time if we're not going to bother to do it. Let's just go when we get ready if that's how it's gonna be.

We got our toes done, then went to dinner. Not impressive enough to even discuss. I bought my sister some near top shelf rum. Oh yeah! I'm actually not drinking tonight. Shocking, I know but my stomach is rebelling against me right now so I'm over it (my stomach). And I'm not letting it play tonight. THERE STOMACH! TAKE THAT!!! Hi-YAH! Tomorrow my friends want to go out... yeah... that'll require me to take a pre-going out nap. I'm sleepy now and we have to be up at 7 in the a.m. at the latest. I don't trust these people when it comes to getting what I need. I'll just be ready and sit back. Your graduation, you can be late if you want. We don't have to go. You already know how I feel about the ceremonies. I know I'm being bratty so you don't have to tell me. Just love me from afar. (For the record I wouldn't want to be anywhere but here annoying my family right now because TRUST I'm getting on their nerves with my regulations just as much if not MORE than they're getting on my nerves.)

10 comments:

the joy said...

Hey! I live near the airport! But I was probably at work, lol. I work downtown.

Why was I surprised your dad was there? Lmao. I'm silly.

Southerner in Suomi said...

I'm a tuna nut. So sad it wasn't good. LMFAO@ "eye dyslexia"

Yaaaaayyy KK!!!

I'm the same with bothering my fam. You saw the crawfish video. You think I'm givin' you the big crawfish?!

Puh-lease!

1969 said...

What the heck is eye dyslexia? LOL

Okay, I am glad you are enjoying the fam. They bug us but we love them long time.

On a side note...TOP CHEF....Team Dale!!!!

Jazzy said...

*side eye @ eye dyslexia*...it's just plain ole dyslexia. lmao @ you thinking you'd slept in and geting excited about it though.

So agree with you on growing up with someone so closely. My sis is 21 months younger. Sometimes we can give each other a look and just not even say anything. I haven't had a moment where I wanted to cut her in a minute though.

Congrats on the milestone!!

Anonymous said...

take that take that ... lol ... oh how I relate to the sister deal ... my sister and I are close as well ... but it can get ugly ... though we always manages to take pics ... even if we're mad at one another ... you makin me miss the south! I ready to be home for the summer!

Sparkling Red said...

Yes, seatbelts - how much trouble is it really, vs. the costs of being badly hurt or killed in an accident? I'm always at people to buckle up. Even if we're just in a parking lot- do you know how many accidents happen in parking lots? Ok I'll stop there but I could go on...

Momisodes said...

Congratulations on 500! You've doubled my posts :) Hubby and his bro have the same age gap as you and your sister. There were many, many hospital visits between the 2 growing up ;)

Rashan Jamal said...

Congrats on the 500th. That's a gang of writing...

You suck for not letting us know you were gonna be in ATL. I had a Mexican chef on standby for you, but you messed that one up. I guess you just have to roll with the homey from your homestate. LOL

Chris said...

smh@the karate jack move on your stomach. Out of control, lol

Congrats on 500, I'll be joining you there some time around 2024.

Jameil said...

to the congratulators... thanks... but it appears i was a bit premature. it counts your drafts, too... oops! but we have about 5 posts left until 500.

joy... awww! idk! you are very silly! lol. he took a week off for it.

v... it was very good. it was the other stuff... yay kk!! E.D. is a very serious sickness!! lol. and you and them crawfish!

1969... lol. see answer to v. i missed top chef! but go dale! i love the fam!

diva... stop your hatin. i know it's hard. the "sleeping in" was pitiful. i think we'll get better now that she's FINALLY out of school. she'll grow up and stop worrying herself and everyone else to death over some foolishness!!

cb... take that take that take that take that! lol. oh sisters. you're missing the south!?!? w/your warm weather. poutin!!!

red... ugh! this is what i'm saying!!!!

sandy... wow! no hospital visits but she did give me a black eye once.

rj... DON'T PLAY ABOUT THAT MEXICAN CHEF!!!!! i already explained the ATL sitch so stop whining.

chris... it happened!! karate chops to the belly are so necessary. not 2024! how about 2012! come on!