5.31.2008

Movies/Books/Magazines/Clubbin

1) I saw the SATC movie yesterday afternoon. NO SPOILERS!! Because I can't stand those. I will only say that I LOVED IT! Despite the fact there were some nude scenes I most certainly could have done without. Matter of fact all of them. I don't need to know that much about your body. That goes for all of you. Also for the last at least 6 years I've wanted my thighs to look like And.ie McDowell's. I saw her in an interview on some late night show and I said THAT. That RIGHT THERE is what I want. That line in the outer thigh. Then I saw super muscular SJP in the movie and changed my mind. I'm straight. I don't want to look like a body builder or even a super athlete. I just want to be able to beat people running up hills and still look tiny. Don't get all offended if that's what your body looks like. You should love yours. I love mine.

The movie has gotten some pretty bad reviews from critics. I liked it because I liked the show (the edited version of course-- remember, my little PG-13 world... "that was way harsh Tai."). If you aren't familiar with the show and didn't love it, there's no reason for you to see a 2 hour and 22 minute movie based on 6 seasons of drama. You know I don't like long movies. I don't see a reason for movies to be longer than MAYBE 100 minutes. But at the end of it you still feel like ok I could watch like 8 more. It felt like a really long episode. Everyone I talked to loved it. BUT me and Stace did NOT like J-Hud's character. Hmph. If you want more details or to discuss it, hit me up in email and I'll go into further detail.

If you're going, you should grab your girls and get all gussied up. After seeing all the designers and couture, you will definitely want to strut fabulously out of there like I did in my 4.5 inch open-toed wedges. It made me miss my friends all over again, too. And I was a bit weepy so grab your tissues!

Afterwards I got a San.ta Fe burger with yummy steak frites from Re.d Robin and a DELICIOUS peach margarita, then went to bed.

2) I just finished an Amy T.an book I'd never read before. I loved it! Very intriguing. I got it from my mom. I'll be glad to add this one to the collection. She's been "reading it" for probably 6 years. Poor thing. She gets all caught up in something else and forgets about the book she started and then starts another and another. Lol.

3) I got my new I.n Style! I'm about to be done with them after this subscription, though. Too many subscription dramas. Every time I turn around it's something else. I'll pass.

4) I tried to scrounge up some co-workers to get into trouble party with tonight, my first Saturday night off in Pittsburgh in literally years and no one is available. Oh well. I'll cuddle up with my bed, a beer and maybe the telephone if some people get lucky. Then I'll get up early and head to the church house.

5) It's really humid here but I'll take it. As long as we don't dip back into the 30s and 40s like we did earlier this week I'm not complaining. Now that I've blogged, time to get a beer. I don't care that it's before noon. I've been up since 10:00 last night. If you'd like to join me, I'll be on the lido deck.

14 comments:

SimplEnigma said...

Re: Gettin a beer before noon. As my dad always says, "It's 5:00 somewhere!" LOL. Go for it.

Re SATC: LOL @ naked Golden Girls. :) My friends are doing this big viewing party today. For me, it's too soon. The only thing worse than being in a movie theater full of screaming kids is being in a movie theater full of screaming women and gays. Didn't know J-hud was in the movie. I saw her on the red carpet (NYC premiere was a block away from my job) but thought she was just a fan. Inneresting.

Southerner in Suomi said...

@enig... consider your dad's quote stolen. "It's 5:00 somewhere"


Do you know Red Robin commercials come on here and there ain't a single one in the state. I get so mad cause they look so freakin' good!!

Jazzy said...

I loved the regular show, but the movie was blah. I wont spoil it for anyone either, but I will also add that JHud's character was so unnecessary (the writers could have came up with a better reson for her to move to NY of all places). Her acting SUCKED! I rolled my eyes everytime she opened her mouth. Worst of all were her wig pieces...HORRIBLE!

Today seems to be a good day to stay in. It's humid in Jersey too...I doubt I'm going out since I just got my hair "did" and don't want the humidity to turn it into a puff of frizz!

Eb the Celeb said...

@ 4 - have you ever went out by yourself... always great to experience new things... I have never went to a club by myself that I knew other people I knew werent going to be at but I have went to a sports bar by myself to watch a game when I just felt like getting out of the house and its amazing the attention you get when you go somewhere by yourself...

might want to try it next time your in the mood to hang and have no one thats all the same page.

Adei von K said...

do people really go to NYC to find love? i think that was the worst line in the movie.

yeah, j hud did not get it for me AT ALL. her agent is GANGSTA cause her role could've been omitted and the movie would've been the same.

Jameil said...

SE... i've heard that one before. it's true! lmao @ naked golden girls. hilarity. you have to go during the week during the day if you're going this early. i don't want there to be a single child in this movie. profanity and nudity. adult topics.

v... i can't believe you of all people haven't heard that before. red robin is delish.

diva... i liked the movie. jhud was just so they could quiet all the "lily white NYC i've never seen" critics. her acting was horrid. oh humidity. at least i don't have that issue. knew this natural was good for something.

eb... i have... but clubbing i'm not so sure. hmm... maybe i'll try that tonight in fact. interesting concept. i was considering it but perhaps...

Jameil said...

stace... wack. wack wack wack. her role needed to be omitted.

CNEL said...

LoL

I saw the press screening in Philly on Wednesday and I liked it. Even for me as someone whose never watched a whole episode I felt like I kind of knew what was going on. I agree about the nude scenes maybe that's why some friends call me prude.

My friend Aprill said the same thing Stace said about JHud. I didn't think she was horrid she just wasn't great.

Rashan Jamal said...

Not interested in SATC. I think SJP looks too musculare for my tastes. You sensitive about that PG13 world thing. LOL

You have a Saturday night off, and you are gonna spend it on the phone? You are the lucky one. LOL

Desy said...

beer before noon... nice...lol... i'm an ice cream before breakfast kind of girl so i'm all about the 'different' habits done by all night antics (or work in your case)...

i saw some episodes on TBS, but i'm definately not a deep follower... but i'm interested in the movie none the less...

must go shopping...lol

but first.. sleep... hope you get some too

Momisodes said...

I'm trying to sneak out of mom work this week to see this movie! I really hope I get a chance to. I haven't seen a movie in a theater in.....I can't remember.

Thanks for the link to the Amy Tan book. I MUST check it out :)

Anonymous said...

no one else said it...so IMA say it.



Magical.Negro.



I LOVE Jennifer Hudson. But ima need her to fall back on the Magical Negro Roles.

Jameil said...

cnel... pretty sure its normal to not need to see strangers naked depsite whatever others think. her part was pointless and felt like what it was-- created to inject some color in the cast. tokenism. her lines were flat.

rj... she's SUPER muscular. its not what was daid. it's how it was said, 'your little' pg13 world. very condescending. how does it make me lucky? my mom said to thank God for keeping me out of trouble. :)

desy... my habits are all over the map. just wear something fab you own w/sky high heels. got some disjointed sleep but it was still good.

sandy... i hope you get out! i love that tan book.

ink... i think it was said in an article on theroot.com. and its appropriate. even all the press where she was mentioned the screenwriter and SJP said, "i knew we needed a minority." ummmm... LATE! i would've preferred her to have been left out like "minorities" were in the series and just sprinkle some in the background. it would've been more authentic.

Sparkling Red said...

SATC is the 1st movie I've actually wanted to go see in a long time. I'm not a huge SATC fan, but I enjoy it. My husband says I'm most like Miranda. I'll take that as a compliment.