5.13.2008

Bah

I could organize a meet up of all my friends and fam for tomorrow night but I don't feel like it. They know I'm in town for my sister's graduation. Thursday me, my mom and my godsister are going up to the 'boro to have a girls day (mani/pedis) with my sister. Her graduation is on Friday. RUN RUN RUN!! There isn't enough time to do everything. If I didn't catch you on my last trip and you're not going to the graduation, I'll have to catch you on the next one. Sorry for you but a girl has got to get some relaxation and some MOMMY TIME!! YAY MOMMY!! I'm gonna see my mommy tomorrow!! I'm so excited!!! Call yours.

Oh also I called my grandmother and sent her a card for mother's day. She told me and my mom that my call made her day. Love it! She's so cute. My godmother got her gift and card and loved it! Yay! And I didn't send mystace a card for mother's day but I was thinking yesterday morning I should have because she's been a better mother than some of those children than they will (unfortunately) ever have just by taking them so sincerely into her heart so HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MYSTACE!!

OOH! AND my sister was with my mom in Hampton for my godsister's (and sorority sister) graduation from the real HU (and another one! Go HU alumnae!) for mother's day, right? I called when I had a break from my show at 6:51 a.m. I didn't know if she'd be up but she doesn't mind when I call her early on holidays. She was wide awake prepping for the graduation. I said, "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!" She said, "Thank you. You're the first to say it and this other one has been in the room with me all morning." LMAO!!! You know I was like, "YES!!!! I WON! I WON! I WON I WON I WOOOON!!" Hilarity!! My mom was cracking up right along with me. Fabulous, magnifical mommy!

I've also relinquished restauranting (choosing a restaurant) to the baby since it's her graduation. I'm sure she doesn't even know I was considering gently relieving her of that choice. But I know she would be annoyed if she knew. Lol. It will be nice to lay back and "relax" for a change. It will be a concerted effort but I'm okay with that!! Better than no effort at all!!

Also... Shani is crazy!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I still try to think up new ones DAILY!! I just submitted "H.illary talked to you an entire 8 hour flight." I need y'all to know I'm pulling out the Bible tomorrow on the plane and whoever is near me is only allowed to talk about the contents therein. Y'all know how I feel about plane chatterers!!! If you're in WV, vote for Rocky today! Holla! (No, in case you're wondering, I still haven't packed. But I'm taking ONE small bag since I'm there such a short amount of time. That means packing wisely!!)

10 comments:

La said...

Hahahaha! That's a GREAT one!

Jazzy said...

Awwwwwwww @ that article. I have the sudden urge to send him a note since it's his first Mother's Day without his mom. That's hard!

lmao @ you "gently relieving" the baby of the restaurant choice!! Bully!

Have a safe trip tomorrow!

Open Grove Claudia said...

What a fun trip! I think it's wonderful that you get so excited to see your family. And how cool to be the first one to say "Happy Mother's Day" - you rock!

Have a wonderful, safe, and amazing trip! :) Bring back all the details - you know we love the details!

Anonymous said...

yaaaay for mommies and grandmommies too! Have fun!

Desy said...

'gently relieving'??? lmao

i'm sure you'll travel safe and be just a ball of joy with your fam... *thinkin of the teeth from the last visit*

the joy said...

I thought you were driving home. How much did that ticket cost! Geez...

Jameil said...

La... lol. i liked it myself!

diva... i loved that article. i had already called my mommy and sent her gift and card. i felt for him. i'm just sayin. sometimes she needs help making decisions. thanks!

claud... i know! i love my fam! thanks! and i'll do my best!

cali... they're fab! and that's the plan!

desy... it's necessary sometimes! thanks! and again: very the plan!

joy... it wasn't that much. i don't drive home b/c i'd never come back. i don't drive alone more than 5 hrs. i get too bored.

Sparkling Red said...

It's true that there are some people who do a fair bit of mothering even though they don't have kids of their own. They need to be recognized too. Yay for moms and substitute moms! ;-)

Momisodes said...

"restaurating" - Love it!

Sounds like you have a busy week scheduled. Hope you get a moment to catch your breath throughout it all!

Jameil said...

red... i have so many extra moms i don't even need but love all the same. yay for mommies.

sandy... girl i have to MAKE myself breathe all the time!! it's ridiculous! lol.