HAPPY 100TH MONDAY MINDSPACING!!! Thank you to everyone for loving this series and doing your own takes on it! It's been a while since I explained. Mindspacing is when I allow you to take a trip through the space in my mind. LOL
Some of your favorites: Vol. 77 (blog design confusion, old fb complaints, ad failures), Vol. 74 (best coworker ever, nosy interweb neighbors, fb not caring), Vol. 59 (2002 spoiler alert, kids toleration, Chef Rashan & Nautica Alexis), Vol. 49 (ugly photographs, fb spoiler alert!, formspring), Vol. 47
(Rashan v. beer, empty house, Mexican), Vol.35 (lemon pepper, pickled eggs, coke addict & drug signals), Vol. 33 (post-game interviews, Canadian/British 'z' hate, EVOO musings), Vol. 29 (dyslexic smiley faces, plant souls, sounding "smart"), aaaaand the original Monday Mindspacing from June 1, 2009. If you'd like to read them all (for those of you who refuse to work... at work), click here.
1) I hate when chefs say fresh avocado. You just want to say fresh. Have you ever had frozen, freeze-dried or any other form of avocado other than fresh? How often? If I'm looking at it in slices, don't I know it's fresh? Or am I that slow on the uptake?
2) My favorite Iron Chef judges are Karine Bakhoum, Jeffrey Steingarten & Cady White. Hands down. Good thing they're go-to judges.
3) Ever since Rashan & I saw a commercial on a local television station about teens getting high on nutmeg, he can't hear nutmeg without touting the ability to get high off of it. LOLOLOL Television stations should really stop making up ways to frighten overprotective parents. Also, as much as I love nutmeg, my child better KNOW, if I go to use my nutmeg and it's not there, THERE WILL SOME SMOKE!!! IN.THE.CITY!!! (Wow it's been a long time since I said that... LOL)
4) I'm gonna pass on your unsolicited marital advice. I know so far you have 4 years on me but THAT little gem you're handing out right there sounds like a case by case basis thing and you're issuing near-absolutes. No thanks.
5) Theirselves is not a word. You're welcome.
6) Right now I hate Rihanna. The words to her Sa.ndM song irritate me but it comes on in the gym and the thing is just so catchy! It gets in my head and stays for WEEKS!! GO 'WAY!
7) I also, many, many months ago, thought FTW mean f the world... and I rarely curse. That, like IKR as "I know that's right," rarely fit. If you didn't know, FTW means for the win. LOLOL
8) Okay loves, I need your help narrowing down my fashion challenge! Help! And join!
9) I don't trust anyone who says tweethearts.
10) I'm sensitive about my eyelashes because one time my aunt asked me where mine were. "We have long lashes in our family. Where did you get those little stumpy things?" Well my mom's almost hairless so I guess I didn't get that from y'all. :P Meanie. I don't have any hair on my legs, either. You wanna talk about that?
11) EYE AND LEAF. http://www.youtube.com/user/StayFabuluss#p/u/4/WoleqKKk1vU I don't spend that much time on making up my entire face in a year. I'm not even exaggerating. In the 3 years I was in Pittsburgh I may have worn make-up 6xs. And that's mascara, lipgloss & eyeshadow. Done. Oh and I did watch this whole thing with at least my ears and most of the time my eyes...............................
12) A few months ago a dude I had the BIGGEST crush on in middle and h.s. started talking to me on fb and asked me for my number. I said no. He said why not. I said b/c I have a bf. He said so? I laughed. Dude. You're over 30 and you appear to be doing the same things and associating with the same sorts of (apparently directionless) people you did when 10 years ago. I dodged a bullet. But more importantly, you have this semi-flirtatious tone and there is really no reason for us to correspond. I'm a grown woman in an adult relationship. I've put away childish things... like pretending it's no big deal for us to have "friendly" conversations when I see what you're about. K.I.M. (Keep it moving)
13) We were watching "One Born Every Minute"... well I was watching and torturing Rashan with it. There was a first year resident delivering and Rashan was like, "NO WAY. No first year resident is delivering my first child." Hey man! We watch 'Scrubs'! I'm all in. (Maybe... who the heck knows?)
14) As much as I'm over being a gimp, I like having an out for any and all events I don't want to attend. Also, turns out it's not a fracture but a sprain. I had 6 xrays to confirm it. *scowl* More details later this week if you want them. I was supposed to talk about it last week but you know blogger killed itself.