I've decided to do a new weekly series called Monday Mindspacing where I just let loose on the things on my mind but not long enough to warrant a blog post.
1) I can see the difference between Luke and Owen Wilson but I can never remember which name belongs to who and who was in what movie.
2) My 25-year-old sister asked me to be her personal assistant this summer. Really?
3) I'm appalled by the DVD collection in my mom's house. It's full of movies no one should see more than once if ever. When I suggest docs they (my mom and sister) both look at me like, "Is she serious?" It's not like they're uncultured. They just like really bad, predictable movies.
4) Stacey cracks me up with her answering machine rants about whatever is irritating her at the moment. Hilarity! We like to leave outrageously long, one-sided conversations, usually with some sort of song, on each other's phones, up to 5 minutes.
5) I've been really pissed off by the barbeque I've had lately. Bah. I want some really good food.
6) I used to be a fast food fiend (partly because my mom never let us have it growing up) but that desire is leaving me more and more daily (mostly because it's so hit or miss-- mostly miss).
7) I was waaaaay too excited when I learned that both of the grocery stores within 5 minutes of my mom's house are 24 hours.
8) I can't WAIT to go to the library! I love the library! Love of my life!
9) At the Hampton Alumni Charlotte cookout Saturday, a woman asked me if I went to Latin... as in Charlotte Latin... high school. Even better? Before I went to the cookout, I said to myself, "Cute! Now let's hope people don't think I'm a student." Got what I wished for. Not a student at Hampton, in high school. I know that's supposed to be a good thing but really? 10 years younger? Le sigh. That one hadn't even crossed my mind. But then when I went to buy wine, the girl waved away my i.d. I guess I magically aged over 3 hours.
10) I love that my friends ask about each other. My closest friends are a mix of middle school and college and they ask about each other even though some of them have never met. I love that! It's so cute!
11) Favorite clothing line name I recently spotted in Nordstrom: Not Your Daughters Jeans. Hilarity.
12) I just gave up my InStyle subscription. It's increasingly skewed toward celebs. Drives me insane. Talking about their clothes? Great, sure, whatever. All that other crap-- the parties, lunches, causes-- I DON'T CARE!! This is supposed to be a fashion magazine!! I felt a little remorseful when I saw the ONE MORE ISSUE paper over my latest mag until I opened it and it was, true to form, even more celeb-obsessed than the last. SAVE IT FOR PEOPLE OR US WEEKLY!! Stick with your niche! Lord knows we don't need another celeb gossip rag. Ugh. Good riddance.