1) One time one of my old coworkers from Express told me grey wasn't my color. (batch) Guess who doesn't care? I LOVE GREY! And I love to spell it like that, too.
2) If I had to go north, why couldn't it be for fall instead of winter? Fall is so much prettier and after seeing it on a film I'm kind of sad I missed it. Fall was always my favorite season growing up because the weather was so pleasant and it was pretty. Living in Pittsburgh, summer was my favorite hands down! Not hot at all and every other season was way colder than I thought it should be. Lol.
3) I really don't think this year was any worse for celebrities than any other year. We're just more aware of it w/twitter and every website and the world going on and on about it. Plus this year people we grew up with and some who weren't that much older than us have died. There's nothing new under the sun. Let's all calm down now. And I said this BEFORE CNN wrote an article about it. Y'all go crazy every time, though!
4) But my mom says she feels like people rush to die before the end of the year. Lol. She said since she was a young adult she's noticed the spate of deaths in the last few weeks of the year. HiIarious. Esp. since I noticed it, too! I used to love when CBS This Morning did a look back at the year's deaths. Yes, I was a very death aware child. Remember my softball coach (trucking accident, fell asleep at the wheel), grandma (sick most of her life), uncle (renal failure) & grandpa (old, possibly lonely) all died within 18 months of each other when I was 7 or so. And my sister's best friend got hit and killed by a car about a year before that.
5) I don't mind having fresh food but I don't want to pick out non-produce minus seafood. Seafood I don't really care except fish. I don't think I could look a fish in the eye and say, "I'M GONNA EAT YOU, NEMO!" And picking out my own turkey, chicken, lamb, etc.? I saw Anthony Bourdain pick out his own turkey on a farm to have slaughtered on No Reservations: Holiday. My dude held it, practically cradled it before handing it over! Whoa. I'm a pretty dedicated meat-eater and I'm gonna have to pass. Just pick one for me. Thanks. That said, I never feel terribly conflicted about the other crazy things he does on that show.
6) I think it's weird when vegans & vegetarians say they won't eat anything that has a soul. What if we find out plants have souls? Then what on earth will you eat??!! I mean, they are alive, too. I say this partly smugly and tongue in cheek but in part seriously because I think sometimes the vegetarian/vegan movement gets a little out of hand. Oh boy. I can only imagine the delightful responses I'll get with this one.
7) Dude... do you even understand that by the end of this week I will have met my goal or failed at it? Failure is not an option so MET!! I'll have watched 750 films in ONE YEAR!!
8) My sister was a crazy sports player in middle and high school (and a little in college). She did track, basketball, cheerleading. I feel like I'm missing something but basically she was never home after school... I LOVED IT! Anyway in middle school she stopped playing basketball because people used to ask her if she was g.ay. Even then I thought that was ridiculous. Do you like to play? Then do it! But that's probably because I WASN'T BEING BULLIED BY ANYBODY!!! Say what? You want to step to me? I got somethin' for you. Not like I was a fighter, but I was always confident and stuck up for myself and others. I defended the nerdy from bullies on more than one occasion. Let those people be who they are and leave them alone! Maybe that was her excuse because she didn't like it anymore. It's not like my mom would've said no you can't quit because you don't like it anymore.
9) I get a little sad for people when they say they don't like mushrooms. I used to have that affliction but now love them! LOVE! Heeeey mushrooms. *Joey voice* #Howyoudoin? More for me!
10) Let's say you write a status & it's misspelled, or you send it before you completed it. Let's say you also post the status again... corrected. Why don't you delete the messed up one??? Too lazy? Not coordinated enough?? Haven't spent enough time working on Jameil's pet peeves this week?? The last one? Thought so.
11) You know how people say you're supposed to try recipes on your own before you spring them on others? I never do that. You all will be my guinea pigs and you will like it. Or not. That's okay, too. I like or love you. You're welcome.
12) Why is your smiley face dyslexic? (: That doesn't look foolish to you?
13) Because I love my own birthday, I love being the first person to tell people happy birthday!! And since I'm ALWAYS up at midnight (minus those Wednesdays I was on campus for 12 hours straight and came home and collapsed this semester lol), I usually win!! FIRST!! (Dumbest blog comment ever)
14) Oh and I got my grades: 3.74 cumulative gpa!