12.08.2009

Semester's End Inspiration!

I have no idea what it is about the end of the semester that makes me suddenly and without fail ready to conquer my life.  UHHHH... dude... You want to come up with the perfect schedule to get everything done NOW?  You now know how to make everything in your life come together perfectly because you have 7 assignments due in the next 3 weeks, each worth at least 30% of your grade?  Yeah... about that.  You should get it together EARLIER.  Lol.  BUT because my thesis partner and I were in the car for hours traveling on shoots we got a lot of work done in the car.  You know what that is?  Awesome. 

But my house is a wreck and I'm leaving it in a little over a week so that's not cute.  I have projects to finish grading today for my graduate assistantship.  Did I tell you guys I will have a job in the spring because the professor I'm working with fought to keep me?  AWESOME!  She also wrote me a glowing recommendation for my assistantship file.  I have more big news but I'll announce that in January.  About a month from now.  No, I'm not engaged or pregnant so if that's what you're thinking, calm down.  Guess what I'm doing right now?  Procrastinating.  I got two assignments done before their due dates and now it's like I can't focus.  I also need to be watching movies.  I'm going to wreck shop on this schedule though!  But can I get a maid?  And someone to put together the shelf I've had for at least 6 weeks?  I finally opened the box.  Baby steps.

Also since I'm the experimental one, I'm the one in charge of the menu for our Christmas brunch.  And there are some things I need to bring home with me.  Gotta make that list.  I love lists.  Oh yeah I need to water my plant.  It's probably thirsty.  I forget about it.  My mom brought it with her when she came to visit me.  It sits in the corner near my tv.  I also have fallen off the exercise wagon temporarily.  Busy busy busy.   Maybe while I'm watching this next movie.  This post sounds crazy doesn't it?  I felt crazy writing it...

11 comments:

Liz Dwyer said...

"No, I'm not engaged or pregnant so if that's what you're thinking, calm down."

Oh you made me laugh out LOUD with that! Ha! Well, whatever your news is, I'm so happy for you that life is bringing good blessings. Don't let your plants die!

Adei von K said...

yeah, you sound all over the place but maad focused at the same time! My dog is about to KILL this last week of school! you better get it, girl!!

and kudos on your prof fighting for you! that says A LOT!!

Ladynay said...

If you are like me you will be able to pull the most wonderful things out of the chaos!

Already got a spring job? SWEET!

More good news on top of that? Icing on the cake!

Now stop reading your comments and work on one of your many 30% of your grade assignments! LOL!

Not So Anonymous said...

Yeah, crazy is a good descriptive word for it, lol.

It just sounds like you have a lot going on. I always think that being busy is better than being idle.

Enjoy the next 3 weeks!

Mrs Count said...

Stop reading blogs and work! I'm glad things are going well for you. This post seems fast and hyper, lol.

Rashan Jamal said...

I'm glad you've been getting work done, but it sucks that you've been so busy. You know I require tons of attention.

You know I will kill a plant in a minute. I was so glad when my sister took that one that was at my house. I never remembered to water it.

Jazzy said...

lol!! that last paragraph was ALL over the place from menus, to lists, to plants, to the exercise wagon, to movie watching...whew!!!

Congrats on the job!

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Its always a good look to know that you have a job. **Even better once someone fought to keep you on board.** Congrats on that!! :)

LOL @ you makin' it clear that you haven't gotten engaged or pregnant.
::whisperin:: Awwwwww maaaaaan!!! LOLOLOLOL

Hey...did you water that plant?!?!?!

Momisodes said...

Okay, are your trying to kill us with suspense here? :)

I can't wait to hear the news, as well as your menu.

That's awesome your professor fought to keep you!

Sha Boogie said...

OMG! Your holiday brunch is going to be AMAZING with you in charge!! **stroking your ego -- while being green with envy** lol

Jameil said...

liz... lol. bloggers love jumping to conclusions!! i have to bring them back down to earth! thanks and i'll try!!

adei... i'm focused, man! tell scott to holla at me man!! i was so excited about that!

lady... oh yeah! that's the goal! yep! mmm hmm! i'm about to get back to work!!

nsa... lol. hursh. i do! i'll try!

tm... i know! thx & lol. two good words.

rj... awwww. lol. you'll survive. you actually watered mine when you were here and reminded me.

diva... lol. i know! thx

ms. b... sure is! thx! i'm not dropping babies for anyone but my hubby! i did water the plant! not too long after i wrote this. lol. i thought i better do it after writing about it.

momisodes... yep! b/c i started to tell you then i figured i should wait. the menu is underway! i know!!

thx sha!!! i would totally invite you if you were in town! matter of fact, you're still invited!