12.22.2009

Cheddar & Chile Egg Casserole

  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 5 large eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup cottage cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • One 4-ounce can diced green chilies
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • Salt

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Brush an 8-inch square baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter and set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, chiles, flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Pour into the prepared dish and bake until set, about 35 minutes.
Recipe from Everyday with Rachael Ray magazine


Result: So I might not have liked this as much because I forgot to put the butter inside AND used ricotta instead of cottage cheese so it was a little wetter.  It was more like a souffle.  Rashan liked it, though.  Oh and instead of cheddar & chiles I used pepper jack cheese.  I served it with a side of bacon.  This serves 4 so I just halved the recipe (using 3 eggs instead of 2.5 lol).

4 comments:

Ladynay said...

Simple enough! May really try this one!

Rashan Jamal said...

it tasted like your scrambled eggs. Seemed like a lot of work for something so simple.

Mrs Count said...

I'm going to see if my family wants this for our Christmas breakfast.

Jameil said...

lady... very easy!

rj... wow... burn.

tm... do it!