1) The day after Thanksgiving. Wake up, eat some cinnamon toast crunch, then tell Rashan, "I'm going to take a nap."
Him: A nap!? You just woke up!
Me: (blank stare, thinking) an hour ago... or 2. Clearly Thanksgiving is about waking up to eat, going to sleep, then waking up again... someone should really tell him that...
2) Rashan fell asleep in literally 10 seconds the other day.
R: Alright baby. (Alright is our code for I'm bout to get off the phone.)
J: I love you.
R: (pause) ... I love you, too.
J: What took you so long to answer?
R: I fell asleep.
3) Wanna know something I love about Rashan? That we can read crazy (and possibly salacious) news stories to each other for a good portion of our conversations. Very important for someone who reads the NYT slightly obsessively!
4) I had a crossaint with eggs, ham & brie the other day & the brie was AWESOME!! So yummy & gooey & melty. And the whole thing was HUGE! Wasn't expecting that at all!
5) I'm so glad Rashan's mom had wi-fi. Thanksgiving would've been a much sadder, more boring time. And however would I have made it through those awkward moments??? http://rashanjamal.blogspot.com/2009/11/i-once-had-awkward-moment-just-to-see.html
6) I don't understand the problem (mostly old) people have with people saying, "No problem!" It sounds cute and friendly to me but apparently people take it grouchily and respond, "Why would it be a problem?!?!" Stank.
7) My line sister called me the black Rachael Ray!! I LOVE HER!!! LOVE!!!!!
8) Dude. The sense of entitlement people have over the lives of celebrities SLAYS me!! Seriously? You don't DESERVE to know anything about why that man or that woman did whatever he or she did in the privacy of his or her home (or neighbor's yard). Why do you even care? Eye roll.
9) If I ever have a restaurant, I'm omitting canteloupe & honeydew from the fruit salad. I hate honeydew (flavorless) & canteloupe is too often not ripe enough
10) Rashan's mom added me on facebook........................ First my own mom... now my boyfriend's mom. I can at least be myself around MY mom!! Though Rashan was acting up and I was getting on him in front of his mom. Being myself. Our usual banter. He was shocked & I was like uhhhh... just because your mom's here I'm supposed to stand here and take your lip? #idontthinkso!! And she loved me for it! Lol. That does not mean I didn't edit myself yesterday b/c I knew she'd be reading. BOLLOCKS!!
11) I love garlic! When I have children I might bathe them in it. It will make me love them more.
12) I met a woman this weekend who after listening to her child and nieces and nephews run and scream around said, "Don't be in a rush to have children. I'm just saying. It's wonderful, but all consuming. It never stops." GOT IT! Lol.