1) Sometimes soggy bread on a sandwich is enough to make me not want to eat another bite. YUCK. I don't care if it's because it's a warm sandwich, I can't abide soggy bread. FIREHOUSE. Especially when it's so wet it basically disintegrates? *gag*
2) Confession: I know we have a lot of student-run media on campus but I seriously CANNOT STAND all of the Tim T.ebow fawning. You are a (student) journalist. Hold yourself together. You can be super fan (if you're not covering him) but not on the clock. How can you claim impartiality when you're crying at his last game as you interview people? That last sentence is an exaggeration but not terribly far off.
3) Can we please stop using red as a wedding color? It's abrasive.
4) Sometimes 'Happy Holidays' seems so standoffish next to 'Merry Christmas.' And sometimes, I feel bad saying 'Merry Christmas' because I'm around people of such varied celebrations on a regular basis.
5) Have I ever told you I don't like candy canes? Especially not peppermint ones. Yuck. I think they look cute on trees but please don't offer me any and take as many as you want to eat if they're on my own tree.
6) Did you say 'announciate'? Enunciate? Pronounce? Articulate? Which one?
7) Rashan usually calls me on a break and/or his lunch. I like the breaks better b/c at lunch, I'm just getting wound up at 30 minutes and then he has to go. We make up for it with 4+ hours every night, though.
8) Another irritating spelling error? Ect. It's etc. The full word is et cetera. And it's actually two words that I'm not asking you to learn how to spell. Etc. Thanks.
9) I am a conundrum. Shocked you didn't I!? I like to teach people things but frequently scoff, "I can't believe he/she didn't know that!" Not at the same time. I realized it's mostly when people act like they're dropping some profound knowledge. And also when it's really old news. If you would bother to read even just the headlines of news websites a couple of times a week you might know more! Says the news junkie who reads pieces of 7 or 8 papers a week. My main obsession though is with the NYT & CNN. I click through both a minimum of 3xs a day.
10) Rachael Ray's magazine website drives me crazy with the same popup EVERY SINGLE TIME I close the page to subscribe. I'M ALREADY A SUBSCRIBER!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!! CAN YOU ISOLATE NON-UNIQUE VISITORS ALREADY!?!?! UGH!!
11) If you could only have 3 stations, what would yours be? Mine would be Food Network, Style Network & TBS. Clearly the 3rd one was my wild card. Lol. I've started watching Travel Channel more b/c they have multiple food shows.
12) I was a super snotty child. My parents had pet names for the plethora of tissues I amassed. Mom- snot balls. Dad- snot rags. The latter while sneering. Lol. I kind of want to leave one next to each of them this Christmas to get that old time holiday feel! Merry Christmas to me! :)
13) Wow... I just realized I haven't seen my dad in a year. That's crazy. He's in Pittsburgh, I'm in Florida and we meet in Charlotte for Christmas. I'll see him at graduation, too in May! Coo cooooo! (Do the response)