1) My dad's go-to meal is pork chops, rice and pinto beans. Yuck. This is the ugliest meal in the world.
2) I hate lemon pepper because my mom used to put it on EVERYTHING. Really? Every dinner we have to have lemon pepper? Salmon, potatoes, green beans (which she hates but we loved), broccoli. Ugh!!!! And I was a good eater but I started rebelling against lemon pepper. Don't give me a recipe with lemon pepper. I don't own it and won't buy it. I'm even kind of funny about using lemon sometimes.
3) I looooooved Bobby's World but hated that it started at 7am! I could always start to watch it but no matter how late we were I never saw the end of an episode! Sometimes I would even ask my mom if we could stay a few more minutes so I could finish the show if we were really late. She always said no. Maaaaaaan. School is a hater!!
4) I used to LOVE popcorn when I was little. I'd eat a whole bag by myself then run my hands along the inside of the popcorn bag to clear it of butter then lick my fingers until the bag had no traces of popcorn. Fiend. Now I rarely eat it.
5) I hate when someone over 90 dies and they say "The cause of death has not yet been determined." I think we can all make an educated guess.
6) I think I want to try a pickled egg... but I want a fresh jar because the thought of going to the beauty shop (LOLOL) and having someone fish one out while holding a lit cigarette in one hand and a pile of grease on the back of the hand swirling around in the pickling juice is pretty gross. Anyone ever had one? I'm looking at you, Aretha!!! LOLOL!! You, too, Diva! Between the two of you with your country Florida summers, methinks I can get an approximation of the taste.
7) I read this design blog and this chick changes stuff around in her house near weekly. I couldn't live with someone like that. It would drive me BATTY! I don't like change in my house very much. It wouldn't bother me if the furniture stayed in the same position for years. I don't mind change anywhere else for the most part. I know I'll adapt and I like to try new things... except at home. Strange. I think I like to have a constant variable in my life and home represents that.
8) My neighbors probably think I'm sending signals to drug dealers. I can never remember which light switch controls the outdoor light and am therefore constantly flipping the light off and on. Lol.
9) Sometimes watching disturbing stuff like Dexter is easier when it's not fullscreen. Lol.
10) I don't really understand the uproar at the death of the last member of a tribe at age 85... She was the last one. You knew it was coming. You couldn't stop it. Let's all relax. A meteorologist at the last station where I worked put things nicely in perspective: everything is not meant to live forever. Amen. Believe it or not people, we will all die, too. The time to be in an uproar was when colonialists were killing off the natives. It's too late for that white guilt crap now. Let that woman be dead in peace.
11) I love the shuffle Rashan got me for Christmas. It's small and sleek. However... it is confusing. It has all these features I have no clue how to use. I can adjust the volume, turn it on & off, go to the next song and put it on shuffle or regular play. There are at least 5 other things (I guess) it does including voice over...... Every time I read the little booklet I either get confused, bored or forget what I just learned. I'm really not stupid. I promise. Lol. I looked it up again so maybe this time I'll remember.
12) I learned something about my mom that I never knew when I was home for Christmas. She used to be a coke addict. She wanted it first thing in the morning, throughout the day and at the end of the night. She had to get it at least once a day. She knew the smell of it and if she smelled it, had to get some RIGHT NOW. I remember her liking coke, but addicted to it? Even her description of how she used to love coke was a bit scary. Like really mom? But now she's very proud when she can make it through the week without one of those (apparently addictive) little sodas.
13) I didn't like any dark sodas when I was a child. Only Sprite, orange soda & occasionally Fresca for me. I still can't stand MountainDew or MelloYello (regional soda). They taste the same to me: both nasty. Becoming a drinker is actually what got me to start drinking dark sodas. A good ol' rum and coke was one of my faves. I'll drink a dark soda every once in a while now but I drink soda very rarely in general.