1) When I worked overnights I used to get Arby's on my way in to work 3-4xs a week. So that the night workers knew me and were shocked when I changed my order... My coworkers used to bring me coupons. I had a collection of Arby's condiments in my desk drawer. Yeah... like that. It was near my house and one of the few places on the way open at 11pm and 1230am when I was heading in. Well when I moved here, I went to an Arby's once and the dude irritated me AND the prices were higher (as if they're not high enough already!) and I didn't go back again until earlier this month. I think I'm done eating there... end of an era for real. I used to love it as a kid, too but rarely got it since my mom was very into us having home-cooked meals.
2) Did you see how the ball kids were dressed at the Australian Open? Pink get ups with ball caps with flaps hanging down like ears. Bi.zarre. And during the matches they were standing on the sidelines with their noses in the air, arms to the side but slightly out, palms up, very stiff. Again. Bi.zarre.
3) 2010 still looks weird to me. The fact that there are 2 zeroes equally spaced... but the other 2 numbers look nothing alike... ("Two dudes walk off in the fog... don't nobody know where they goin...") something's not right about that.
4) Men with embroidered jeans/bedazzled jeans/jeans embellishment of any sort raise red flags: "does not know that was last cool (to somebody) in 2002" That's a big flag. If he doesn't know passage of time how will he remember your birthday? Anniversary? Stop. Think about it.
5) It drives me batty when I'm asking Rashan which movies we can watch together on the phone (both using Netflix instant) and he says, "I told you to add that." "You added that one because of me." Okaaaaaay... so what? Do you get a dollar for every movie I watch that you suggest? Can you just say yes I'll watch that one? It makes these things move a lot faster. He doesn't know this irritates me. I could tell him before I post this but that makes it less fun for you, no?
6) ROTFL @ this twitter explanation: iTampon is a popular topic on Twitter right now. People are making a joke due to unfortunate word associations in the name of Apple's new tablet, the iPad (Jan. 27).
7) While we're on apple a) why did that 8-minute iPad commercial include only white males? #fail. and b) why does apple give you stickers with all of their products? I don't need an apple-shaped sticker that's bigger than my sleek, itty-bitty shuffle. That sticker would wrap around my shuffle 3xs. Stupid. And don't put it on your car. That's an alert to a burglar to make his way into your house to get up on some apple. Even stupider.
8) I decided to try not to say anything snarky for 24 hours after realizing how evil I've been lately... yeah we'll just leave it at lately. Rashan said, "You?" Ugh. How unhelpful. Then he said, "Might I suggest you stay off fb." "Excellent idea." I crammed some mean stuff in in the minutes before starting then thought of how terrible that is. Rashan said, "30 seconds. Last chance." HORRIBLE!! Of course within 15 minutes of starting I see something his brother want and was DY.ING. to say something horrible... Get thee behind me fb!!! I made it, though!
9) Why are you holding an Ash Wednesday fish fry on a Friday?
10) When Rashan told me he didn't like cabbage, I was disturbed. Then at this Jamaican restaurant in town, he cleared his plate. I said, "I thought you didn't like cabbage." "That was cabbage???" Lolol!! So it turns out he doesn't like the poorly prepared cabbage he's had before. I was wondering! Because I LOVE cabbage! Mmmmm!!
11) Why would I want a $65-90 coffee table book? I wouldn't. And you wouldn't want me to have one either. Because every time someone came to visit, they would have to sit down and look at it. No matter how many times they came. Enjoy, Rashan. You'll find something new every time.
12) I can't stand when someone says something blatantly WRONG and then 5 other people cosign. Great. Now the 6 of you are patting each other and yourselves on the back saying, "Must be right, 5 other people agreed!" No. You're all foolish. Congratulations.
13) There is a radio station here raising "Pennies for Haiti." The middle or high school that fills the most milk jugs gets... are you ready? An appearance at their school from Trina. TRINA!!!! *drops mic* I can't.