2.11.2010

New Boots: A Nine West Story

I tried on some sale boots at Nine West when I was in Atlanta with Rashan over the break and he didn't like them.  But he liked another pair that I also liked so I decided to try those on.  But they didn't have my size.  I went online and they had my size but by that time I had decided to save my money.  Then a few weeks later they didn't have my size in the color I wanted.  BOOOOO!!!  And when I went to South Florida, that store didn't have my size either.  CURSES!

I kept stalking the site until they reappeared in my size.  YESSSSSSS!!  I WIN!!  So I hurried up and bought them and somehow managed to get free shipping.  Woo hoo!!  The other day I came home from school to find this outside my door.

 

Mr. Postman... what makes you think this is okay???
Did you say to yourself, "Self, if I put this welcome mat on top of the box no one will notice."? 

Is that what you thought?

Because when I first walked up, I just started laughing at the ridiculousness of it all!  

A few more questions.

Did you really set my box next to my door with a mat on top of it like that was hiding it??  
Are you the guy who still hides under a cat when playing hide or seek, putting the cat over your eyes?  Like if you can't see me, I can't see you?  
I bet you are.

You ordinarily seem smart and cool and I'm glad I didn't have to wait another day for my boots or go to that nightmare of a post office to pick them up but come on now.

I opened the box and what do I find?  Tada!  Come to mama!!  In person, the darker color is more true.  Yay!!  I can't wait to wear them today.  I might wear shorts with them just to show them off.  Lol.  Just kidding.  It's only supposed to get up to 57.  Yes I said only!!  And what??  I'm wearing pants!

12 comments:

DaniColoredGlasses said...

oooo i loooove those! they looked horrible on me but you are rocking them!

Nerd Girl said...

Okay, that's just ridiculous! I can't believe he put the box under the mat and thought that would be a thief deterrent. I guess hope really does spring eternal.

Cute boots! I bought the shorter ones in brown suede about a month ago. Smoochy doesn't like them. So I told him I wouldn't make him wear them.

Rashan Jamal said...

LOL - that was crazy!!! Glad you got your boots and that the mat protected them from getting stolen.

Mrs Count said...

What box are y'all talking about? All I see is your welcome mat Jameil.

Not So Anonymous said...

LOL...your post man is crazy. What in the world? That mat only drew attention to the box.

I love the boots and so wish I could pull off flat boots, but they look a hot mess on me.

Ladynay said...

no words for the mail man....cute boots though

love.joi said...

I bought those boots yesterday at the Nine West outlet. love them!

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Really Mr. Postman the mat on the box? That was crazy and hecka funny
Bwhahahaha(had to get that out) Nice boots at least they sent you the correct one's you ordered. Lucky!

Trish said...

He must have left his cloak of invisibility at home! I see why you stalked the website, nice boots!

1969 said...

Cute!

I like the mat on top of the box protecting the contents! So thoughtful.

TEAM MISS CELIE FOR THE WIN.

SincerelyGo said...

Good post. That was pretty funny. I thought well maybe he wanted to make sure you saw them...so what place better than under the door mat. Beats me kiddo...LOL I have a post similar to this in the making...uhm I don't know where the cord is for my digital camera to transfer the files *sighs*

Cute Boots though!

Sincerely,

Go

Jameil said...

dani... thanks!

nerd... lolol!! right??? thanks! so kind of you not to make him wear them! rashan complained about these types of boots on other people then when i took him shopping w/me he decided he liked them. lol

rj... me too!!! gogo gadget mat of protection!!

tm... lolololololololol... *whistles* nothing to see here.

nsa... right?? so strange! i love flat boots!

lady... right? thanks!

love.joi... i hope yours weren't cheaper than mine!! lol

gp... right?? (i'm beginning to sound like a broken record) lol. i'm so glad they were the right ones!!

trish... i think so! thanks!

1969... thx! very very thoughtful! i love that you call him miss celie! hilarious! i was w/you on this show but TEAM EMILIO for the show win!!

sg... lol. he was a mess! & needs to get it together! how about at least laying smaller in the corner under the mat? not standing straight up under it!! lolol. find that cord! thx!