1) Why do people make me talk about them on fb and/or twitter every.single.day? It's just not right.
2) People shouldn't be allowed to comment on racially-charged news stories. Too many idiots want to join the conversation and it's counterproductive. Not like that many stories have great conversation anyway but when it comes to race people don't know how to communicate with each other and having a forum to spew hatred isn't helping.
3) I think my hand modeling career has ended before it even started. I feel like it will be too hard to break into the industry and I keep burning or cutting myself with all this cooking. Plus I'm not sure if my hands are up to the task anymore. :(
4) Rashan and I want to win the lottery... but neither of us play.
5) Can someone please make me pay more attention to the physical and stop thinking so much while I'm moving so I can stop stubbing my toe and smacking my hand on really hard substances? Because it hurts.
6) My boyfriend is so unsupportive. Anytime I say anything about The Record Dish, he says, "Nobody reads that blog but you!" And I say, "You can get the finger, THE MIDDLE! Warm it up Chris! I'm about to! Warm it up Chris! Cuz that's what I was born to do!" Patti, Naima & Anitra read it!! So there!! What a hater. Stop trying to kill my dreams. He also told me I would never be a hand model. *slow tear*
7) Dear blogger, there is no reason to have word verification if I still get Asian spam with only one word in English (s.ex). Step 1, Fix. Step 2, it. Step 3, FIX IT!!
8) Choosing a new blog template is such a hassle. Especially because I'm so picky. Too dark, too light, too many white women (why do so many pretty blog templates have white women in the banner... I'm black just FYI so I would like my blog to reflect that... call me crazy). Or maybe I like almost everything okay but hate the background. Too many angled elements, too much splatter, too much stuff concentrated in the upper right quadrant. Eye roll. Sometimes my design eye is a hindrance. But not one I want to lose so search on!
9) I had a shoot this past week, there's another this week and another next week. CRAZY!! Plus my first rough cut is due next Monday. I absolutely deserve the trip to Atlanta I've arranged for next Thursday!! 3 Mexican restaurants HERE I COME!!!
10) It's so weird. I can be mad at Rashan for about 30-45 minutes and then I'm ready to be next to him again. There is no one else I've ever been like this with. I used to pride myself on my ability to hold grudges. Yes I know that's bad.
11) Food was all highs and lows this weekend. Very strange. Saturday dinner was AWESOME!! Pics to come. Sunday brunch was lukewarm. Like temperature wise. Really? How hard is it to do eggs benedict, Emiliano's? Also the smallest English muffin I've ever seen. We've been her for brunch 2 other times and once for dinner last Valentine's Day so I was very disappointed. Not cool. Sunday dinner made by me, the blackened tilapia was just okay considering I didn't have 2 of the spices (garlic powder (I prefer fresh) and paprika (I have no clue how this happened)) and just winged it with cayenne and cumin in place of the paprika (plus I don't really like stuff blackened but it was a Rashan special request...) I also overdid it on the cayenne in this recipe. With it I served chipotle corn OMG!!! So good! And sauteed spinach (which I forgot the s&p for... bizarre). Yeah... like I said. Highs and lows.
12) What does ZOMG mean? Because it looks stupid. (Yes I know I could look that up.)