1) I hate crafts that call for using old books. Whyyyyyyyyy???? Why must you ruin beautiful books??? If it is already missing the cover or something, I'll allow it but it still makes me cringe.
2) Sometimes I wish there wasn't so much overlap between twitter, the blog & facebook. Sometimes I feel like I have no outlet to vent about people who are out of order. And this really makes no sense considering I am on fb, blogger & twitter!!
3) I've decided I want to see a bunch of really potentially bad and hopefully some good movies this summer. I have made my list with their release dates in parentheses. I'M GOING TO THE THEATER!!
May: The Hangover Part II (26)
June: Super 8 (10) & Bad Teacher (24)
July: Larry Crowne (1) & Horrible Bosses (8), Crazy Stupid Love (29-maybe I will see it)
August: The Change-Up (5)
4) I see there are a lot of baby announcements and bumps all over the blogosphere. You do not have to look for clues between the lines of my posts. I know... you're thinking you're clever. You're not. I like babies more than I used (when they're not mine & I don't have to change their diapers or lose sleep) but I've always liked baby shows. Every week, I'm like, "Someone is over here thinking I'm going to tell them I'm pregnant next week." Not going to happen. I refrain from writing things sometimes because I don't feel like being bothered with 'Are you trying to tell us something???' comments. If you've been skimming this, let me put it in all caps. I'M NOT PREGNANT!! AND I DON'T WANT ANY BABIES RIGHT NOW!! End friendly reminder.
5) We've had a goal breakthrough!! So I set these two yearly goals that I've either missed accidentally (a photo a day for a year) or had to miss (thrice weekly workouts) in the last week. When I set these goals, I set them very rigidly i.e. MUST make goal or else you die! J/k. If I missed a day or a week before spraining my ankle, I would've said, now I have to start over. Now I'm like hey... life happens. There are setbacks but that doesn't mean you give up midstream! Dust yourself off and try again! The point of setting the goals was to set my mind to something and accomplish it. To take more meaningful photos (some of them... yes), capture more of my life as it happens (definitely) & get back in shape (ABSOLUTELY! I'm stronger than ever before!). I unintentionally landed on this even more important reminder of the magic of life! So as far as I'm concerned, I'm still on track with both of those goals. Go me!
6) Dear every station that starts or ends a program outside of the hour or half hour, YOU ARE THE WORST!!! YOU KNOW I WATCH ON DVR!! Martin on TV One this weekend was the worst. The episodes started at :25!!! As in instead of starting at 4:30, that joint started at 4:25!!! What kind of foolishness?! What in the sam hill??? LOL What a funny saying. But y'all. For real. Stop doing that.
7) You know how when you rate films on Netflix, it then suggests films for you to watch? I wish there was something like that for books. Is there?
8) Rashan has ruined my relationship with the NYTimes. I now look at many more of their articles than I previously would have and say, "What was the point of that?" "Did we learn anything from the reading of said article?" "Where's the rest of it?" SMH.
9) People make up things to be outraged about just so they can chatter. You don't really care about that THAT much. Stop pretending.
10) I'm sad about what CNN has become. That website focuses less and less on real news with every passing month. Most of the things pushed to the front page could just as easily be featured on a tabloid or joke website. What's the point?
11) I also have no tolerance for old news. If you don't talk about something in the first 24 hours, please leave! Yes, I know this is crazy.
12) Rashan is dressing me this week, Stacey's dad is dressing her & commenter Naima's fiancé is dressing her! It is extra amusing! Check us out on The Record Dish.
13) Guess who passed her book goal for the month a week ago? Meeeeee!!
14) Sending off an app for a job I really want today. Send up prayers that if that's the opportunity God wants me to have that will help me grow spiritually and mentally and emotionally, that will be the job I receive. And if not, that the one that IS for me is headed my way! Thanks! :)