I'M SO HAPPY IT'S AUGUST!!! Birth.day.month. Birth.day.month!! So even though I'm doing the daily blogging challenge, I couldn't leave you without Monday Mindspacing! It also helps that I didn't want to blog about my first love. I thought I already had but apparently not. He was my high school sweetheart. It ended badly when I was in college, we've both moved on. Lol.
1) I've recently become enamored with style blogs. Love em! My criteria is they can't be too self-deprecating (see: skinny girls insinuating they need a diet), they have to feature clothes I would actually want to wear and the poster must be funny! Right now, my fave is Kendi. Soon I will be getting all of you in joining me in the 30 for 30 Remix Challenge! Here is the advice (it'll be more convenient when I put them on the blog).
2) I don't guess I can get mad about spoiler alerts for season 1 of a show that started in 2002, huh? Lol.
3) Lotion & lipgloss. I need these two things for my happiness!!
4) My hair is at this weird length right now where it's long enough for a few ponytails but not one. To lotion my shoulders I need a low pony. To put on moisturizer I need a high pony. Workout also requires a high pony. But I like the ponies! I just don't wear them out. I'm also amazed by how much my hair has grown in just the last 2 months. So cool! :) Can't wait til there's just one pony!
5) I think I want my next cookbook to be from Ina Garten! Mmmm! I suggest Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics: Fabulous Flavors from Simple Ingredients.
6) Rashan said to me, "I like kids, I don't merely tolerate them." I thought about this intended slight toward me, trying to brook my instinct to be offended, and said, "You're right. They're not mine." They go directly in the tolerate category. I don't know any kids on a personal level so they're cute to me from a distance. One of Rashan's many nephews is actually my fave child. He's cute and little, polite and well-behaved. My favorite kind of child. He also loves fruit. That's cute.
7) I really wish Rashan would become a chef. I'm not saying I'll never cook. I'm just saying it would be great to have the HH I always wanted. Even if he won't be my Hispanic (Mexican Chef) Hubby or let me go meet him, can he at least TRY to substitute???
8) I need more dresses and skirts. Hmmm....
9) Why do people in fashion/on fashion blogs stand with their toes pointing slightly (or not so slightly) in? When did that become sexy?
10) In middle school, my friends and I would meet in the cafeteria for breakfast sometimes. One of them used to eat doughnuts WITH SYRUP!!! Shockingly, she's not currently a diabetic and still weighs outrageously close to her middle school weight after having a child. Lol. (And she actually WANTS to gain weight but has insane metabolism.)
11) It's a really good thing I wasn't a teenage mom... because my daughter's name would've been Nautica Alexis. No ma'am. I also threw around Sydney Ellen (Ellen's my mom's name). Ironically, fave roomie's daughter's Sydnee D. Her daughter's middle name is fave roomie's mom's name. How weird is THAT???
12) Rashan offered to dye the tips of my locks bright red for me... with KoolAid... then admitted he was going to use FlavorAde. Hold up. First you want to use non-dye, then Koolaid, then admit to some random off-brand DRANK on my luscious locks??? No sir. I'ma have to get him together!!
13) I'm gonna have to ban blackberry photos until y'all can start showing something my eyes can see!! DOWN WITH BLUR!!! FAIL!! GET IT TOGETHER!!! (I have some mild feelings about this.)