My bad for the delay but I don't have the web in my apartment yet! So much for that challenge, huh? Also, the announcement may come tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. Hold tight!
1) While I know that people have weight issues, it drives me bananas to listen to people talk about theirs when they're not doing anything to change it. Be happy in your body or make moves. (There seems to be a theme in these Monday Mindspacings...) The worst though is when some normal-sized girl complains about not being skinny like some star. That's a real psychosis??? o_O Yes, I once had a thigh aspirant (AndieMcDowell-- I wanted my thighs to look like hers when I sat down) but I'm black. I'm petite and all but my body's design means I'm never going to be stick thin. I can have a small waist but my lower body will be talking to ya! And you like it! Lol.
2) My daily flawless face regimen used to be washing my face with water when I woke up. I now have to use some sort of cleanser after I work out and moisturizer after I wash my face in the morning. YO FACE! Who told you to change on me?!?! For a minute I had one or two unsightly(ly?) large pimples at all times. Now that I've switched it up, my face is behaving again. THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!!!
3) One of my fb friends: "just had the world's oldest and probably sickest dog bark @ me, lol, like 4 more barks and he'll be in the upper room old. I know he wants to scare me, but it ain't worth his life. lol it needs to save it's energy for more important things like breathing." ROTFL!!!!!
4) When you're a new mom and your baby's first born, are you all delusional thinking your baby's cute? Or are you like, "Okay... room to grow. Not cute yet..." Or are you like, "Please tell me she's gonna look better than that one day!!"? Because newborns almost always look like aliens to me. I'm not saying you don't love him/her but...
5) I realize I prided myself on living away from home and now I'm having to swallow that pill called, "You're almost moving back... only 1.5 hours away." It is a big pill. The kind my mom used to call horse pills. The one it takes a mental reckoning and 3 or 4 swallows to get down. Okay I will really get over it. Lol. What brought me to this revelation????
6) I realized I can now stop saying I'm from Charlotte, NC. People in NC know what Charlotte is! Lololol. I have only lived there one year in the last 10 so that will be a random huge adjustment. (I hate when people ask me if Charlotte is in SC.)
7) Why is my sister friends with the ex-girlfriends (yes, PLURAL) of several of her ex-boyfriends? Like the only reason they know each other is because they have the same ex. Weird. And funny!
8) Ever since Rachael Ray told me you should only keep spices for a year, I can't stand those spice racks that are on everyone's registry. I just think about how they were probably packaged three years ago and you won't use even one of them up in the next 2 years and it just grosses me out. Thanks Rach. You ruined me.
9) I hate when people say 'every since.' I mean... even 36Mafia says, "Ever since I can remember I been poppin my collar."
10) I don't like the phrase "champagne taste on a beer budget." First, I don't drink cheap beer. Second, I don't drink cheap beer. Wait, I already said that. Third, it conjures images of plumbers with engorged bellies and exposed cracks.
11) My sister drinks half and half. That is exactly what it sounds like. She takes the little containers, shakes them up and drinks them. I don't know how frequently she does it but she does it. Gro.dy. And then she indignantly asked, "Why is that gross?" Girl please.
12) I want some nude, rounded pointy-toed pumps. Preferably patent leather. Ooh! Or grey!! Like these! I wear a 7.5 (narrow if you can find it) and my birthday is August 23rd. This is a hint... that I want them for my birthday. You still have time.