As you see, I'm doing these challenge days when I want to! Hmph. What I ate today? That's silliness. But for the record, (yesterday) I ate Mexican for lunch (an enchilada, a taco & a chile relleno) with a delicious lime margarita on the rocks with salt. For dinner, Rashan & I went to the Vortex with Bakima (they are so fun!!). I had fried dill pickle spears & a chili cheese burger with tater tots & it was delicious. But today's discussion will be about my goals for August!!!
Here's what I set out to accomplish in August in keeping with my yearly goals and my 30 Before 30 goals and what I have planned for August.
1) Work on my relationship with God. I surpassed my goal of 120 total chapters in the bible, reading 135 chapters. My goal for August is to get to 185. That originally included the approximately 20 chapters I had remaining in Genesis to complete the book but the end was so good, I read at least 10 chapters in one day and finished it before I could get this on the blog! Here's how I reach my numbers: I estimate an additional 50 chapters knowing there will be some days I can't stop at 1 or 2 because it's too interesting... which I love! And actually happened!! Also, I will visit at least 2 churches in my new city this month via bible study or a Sunday service. I like bible study first as an intro to the church. If a pastor can't really open up a passage there, at least I've only lost an hour instead of 3.
2) Start my next film. Wow... WOW!! We completed our 40-minute short as you know but seeing super shorts at the film festival in June made me want to complete a film that's 20 minutes or shorter. I really can't wait. I feel like there are some great possibilities right around the corner.
3) Take the next step in my career. There was a significant step in July that I should be able to tell you about by Monday. :)
4) Try new restaurants. I just did okay on this but since I'm moving TOMORROW, I'm sure I'll try at least 3 new restaurants in my new city this month.
5) Cook at least 3xs a week, 2 of those new recipes. I am STILL BACK!!! I TRIED 11 RECIPES LAST WEEK ALONE!!! I still really, REALLY like when people ask me for food advice or try recipes I recommended. Recipes and reviews with pictures are up on my food blog, The Record Dish, including my favorites this month, layered vegetable torte, green chile burgers with tomatillo-lime salsa, Italian flag pasta & falafel. I really liked almost everything I cooked this month. For August I want to try at least 2 vegetarian recipes each week. I really enjoy getting something new out of vegetables and not missing meat in my meals. Plus some of my vegetarian homies are starting to request it!
6) Watch more movies. I still have plenty of time to get to 300 movies by the end of the year but I need to pick up the pace. Honestly, this month I don't even feel like I have time to watch movies and I'm not really in the mood. If I can watch 10 movies this month, it will be a miracle. So far I've watched one.
7) Workout more. I was shooting for 3xs a week. I did 3-4xs a week 3 weeks of the month and 2 days one week. Best so far but in August I want 3xs a week EVERY WEEK! Can't wait to make that happen!!
8) Statecations. For July, I had no statecation goal. This month I want to go wine tasting for my birthday! I think that will be awesome! I would also be okay with a helicopter ride! :)
9) Contact my grandma once a month. I was supposed to finally send her a package of my stuff from graduation & screening.... I didn't do that or call her. I should fix that.
10) Do FAFSA. ............ DONE!! And my financial aid package is nice.