1) Sometimes I'm amazed by the length of my hair. I know I've talked about this being the longest it's ever been but every once in a while (about once a week), it catches me off guard. Speaking of which... does anyone know a loctician in Winston-Salem?
2) I had a piece of pink lemonade cake... hot pink cake with yellow frosting. That almost made me not want to eat it. I did anyway because it was highly recommended. It didn't taste bad. The cake was incredibly soft and light... but I have had some pretty visceral reactions to food coloring from years of being able to taste it in food (I'm talking to you, red velvet...) so I don't think I went into it with a clear head. The point, though? Someone should've warned me about hot pink cake!!!
3) Why do you ask for advice when you know you're going to go off on the person who disagrees with you? Don't ask and I won't tell. But if you're going to go off, you can ask and I'll ignore. But really, just stop asking.
4) I've found a ridiculous number of Mexican restaurants in town. I CAN'T WAIT TO TRY THEM ALL!!
5) Why are so many Marcuses black? I think I've only ever met one white Marcus.
6) Fiancé is a man. Fiancée is a woman. The second 'e' is a feminine article. Now that you know, you may get engaged at will.
7) My dad is shocked I'm turning 28. He said it seems like just a few months ago I was a baby. Awwww!
8) When I was younger, I liked the plastic taste of measuring tape from sewing kits. I have no clue why.
9) I like fragrance-free lotion THE BEST!! I love a neutral scent. But my favorite soap HANDS DOWN is Oil of Olay. I would like it even more if it wasn't so expensive.
10) It was a billion degrees here last week. 95+ with indices 100+. I broke into a sweat walking to a mail box 100 yards from my front door!! PEOPLE, PLEASE!! Get to praying that that was the LAST week of that this year!! If you care about me at all!! I implore thee!!
11) Sometimes it's weird to me when people change their last names when they get married. I always assumed I would but the older I get, the less sure I am of that. I don't know why it's only sometimes weird, either.
12) So much has happened in the last week I don't even know where to start. Sometimes I accomplish more in a single day than in 3 weeks this summer. It's utterly ridiculous and sort of thrilling at the same time.
13) I hit rock bottom the other day... I asked Rashan to tape some Food Network and bring it to me... I'm such an addict. Pray for me.