9.25.2008

Thursday 13: Super Size Me

I watched the movie in the title of the post all the way through for the first time last night and boy did my thoughts go all over the place!  Good gracious!  

1) More than 1/2 of America is obese.  Yikes!  That's a lot!!
2) He gained 5% of hi body weight in 5 days, 10% in 10???  OUTRAGEOUS!!  
3) My head started hurting.  It was psychosomatic.  His was and so was mine thinking about what he was doing to his body!
4) I started working out right there on my bed.  Leg lifts while keeping my abs engaged.  Did you know smaller people fidget more than overweight people?  Better start fidgeting.
5) Started pinching my middle.  Part of it was watching those calipers.  Lol.  I wanted to know how much percent body fat I am.
6) Covered my eyes.  Ew!!  I don't need to see a gastric bypass surgery to know it's dramatic.
7) Wanted a veggie or 8.  This really had me considering my intake!  I considered calling my observational short partner who cooks a lot of vegetarian food and asking her if she was feeling the need to show off!  Lol.
8) Wanted a Big Mac and some of those crack-like fries.  What?  I know it wasn't supposed to be but that was also a giant commercial.  I was READY!  There's no such thing as bad press!
9) Knew it was bad to want it.  Lol.
10) Grossed out by McNuggets.  The description of how they make them was McNasty to go ahead with his overused joke.  It was funny the first 3 Mcs.  Then it was like OK 9 Mcs later!
11) Shook my head as I walked past the Krispy Kreme doughnuts I had in the kitchen.
12) Drank water.  Had to at least mentally off-set it, huh?
13) Really, REALLY wanted a big mac and fries!  Still haven't gotten it yet, but I'm jsut waiting for the weekend when Rah and Stace and Drew get here.  No McDs but I know we'll get some GOOD eatin!  Lol.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

The very idea of spending a month eating ANYTYHING for breakfast lunch and dinner is the height of absurdity.


I get the visual and whatnot.


It wasnt until i took in two small children who punctuate all food related issues with a reference to McDonalds that I understood what it was about.

McDonalds is a treat of sorts.


I would say i go about twice a month


Once on the cheap tip (Double Cheez with Mayo added and a McChicken with a dollar fry (I get the drink elsewhere)

THen I go all out and get the Large #1 with a Dr. Pepper.

Asa matter of fact...I think I will get one of those today on my way to work.

Southerner in Suomi said...

Ok my sister has that on DVD and watching it was like a bad car wreck. I couldn't look away!!

And I'm glad I wasn't the only one that was grossed out, then craving the food 20 minutes later.

M-Dubb said...

I've stayed away from that movie. Obvious reasons.

p_nami said...

I had the same reaction to the movie (well the 20 minutes I actually watched).

Good eats...YESSSS!!!! I think I'm going to cook several meals for the week over the weekend.

Liz Dwyer said...

I totally believe the stat about half of people being overweight. Especially in poor areas where mac-n-cheese is cheaper than salad supplies.

Anyway, I didn't eat at McD's for a long time after seeing that, but the fries sucked me back in.

Rashan Jamal said...

I haven't seen this one, but its on Instant viewing at Netflix, so maybe I'll check it out. I can see myself grossed out.

No McD's this weekend, okay?

Darius T. Williams said...

Lord - I love mcnuggets - I so don't need to watch this movie.

I like the sweet and sour sauce and the bbq...i dip my fries in the sauces too. It's hella good!

Lord - I need to pray. Let's workout together!

Jazzy said...

lmao @ you working out on your bed while watching!!!

After watching the doc, I didn't eat mcdonald's for a year! But then the fries bought me back...they be calllllllin me mayne!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

what is it about women and krispie kream?

Jameil said...

ink... very crazy which he mentions in the film. i eat a lot less fast food now that i'm a job-free student. i usually go cheap regardless of my job status.

v...lol. right? the conundrum!

md... lol. long time no see. stay away! you will RUN to the nearest mcds which is likely across the street.

dolll... lol. mmmm food. i won't believe you know how to cook until i see evidence! lol.

liz... me too. in harlem there's a mcds AT THE HOSPITAL!! OUTRAGEOUS!!! i don't know that there is any moive or book that could keep me away from anything.

rj... check it out. and no mcds!

darius... lol. no if you love them you don't! i'm not so much on bbq sauce on nuggets. idk why. and yes pray! i would LOVE a workout partner!

diva... lol. i couldn't fight the feeling while watching this! it's always the fries! hilarious. he did a test on food breaking down. after 8 weeks every other mcds food looked like disgusting mold, black, white, etc, fries UNTOUCHED!! so nasty. still gonna eat it.

torr... i'm pretty sure it's not just women.

Momisodes said...

ROFL at you doing leg lifts while watching :)

I'm a nurse, and parts of that movie made me ill.

Unknown said...

I'm one of the obese ones. Ok, not obese, but I've gained so much weight over the last few years it doesn't make any sense.

I started my diet/healthy eating change this week and I'm hoping I stick to eat.

I'm so queasy I would have probably puked trying to watch a gastric bypass. YUCK!!!!!

Adei von K said...

i eat their chicken nuggets at least twice a week.



thank you for sparing us the details of what makes them mcnasty.