9.09.2008

Git 'Er Done

(Oddly the maintenance guy in my apt. complex has some obsession with that saying. He even has a hat with a confederate flag and that saying on it. That makes me want to hang up black nationalist propaganda all over my apartment when I need maintenance. And even when I don't. Put some flags on my car, string cowrie shells instead of Christmas lights the day after Thanksgiving. Now I just need to buy some of this stuff. Luckily there are all sorts of odd shops that seem like they would sell something like that near campus. SCORE!!)

Today shall be a day of accomplishment.

That's going to be my new mantra when I wake up in the morning. I have to cut back on everything that's not school, working out, finding a job. You may think, haven't you been doing that already? Not like I need to. I haven't missed any assignments or anything because we haven't had any due but I need to focus and be on my grind to not ever fall behind.

I'm really excited about scouting a unique location for my first camera assignment. We were given an extension so it's not due for another week. That means this weekend will be not only about parties, but scouting. I also found out why there are so many things for me to do this weekend-- it's the bye week. Yes, yes y'all. Football is SO serious (obviously, with a stadium that seats 90,000) that EVERYONE tries to plan their events for the ONE weekend in football season where people DEFINITELY have nothing to do. Hmmm... I feel a SKIP coming on! I don't think I'll be going to everything. Or maybe I'll do drive-bys for some things. Like I pop up, say, "Heeey y'all!" then be out. I don't have to be Miss Social Butterfly '08 AND Miss Straight A's for the '08 and '09.

Right now I'm "prioritizing" the things I want to do. Hahahaha. LIES! I'm actually surfing the net because I haven't done that in a while. I believe this counts as research for story ideas if some of you actually talk about something so GET TO WORK!!

11 comments:

Adei von K said...

Thesaurus Rex used that term, Git 'er dun?? never got it.

PLEASE HANG COWRIE SHELLS ALL OVER!!! MY MOM HAS SOME AND I WILL SEND THEM TO YOU!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! With a poster of Malcolm X hanging in your window!!!

that stadium is insane. i hate it. i hate UF. ole, "we have everything you can possibly imagine here. in fact, we have two"

Rashan Jamal said...

Can I grow an afro and rock a dashiki and a beret and walk around with my fist in the air saying "Free Huey"???

You are totally gonna be skipping stuff if I have anything to do with it. You know I don't like being around people. LOL

Hope today was a day of accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

I love that phrase:

GIT ER DONE!!!

I just needed to shout that here.

Liz Dwyer said...

Goodness, football IS big there, isn't it! And hat with a confederate flag on it? See, that's why I don't think I could live in the South. Can you complain to the apartment managers?

Momisodes said...

Confederate flag hat? Yikes.

Football is serious in Florida. Crazy serious.

yet another black guy said...

Git 'er done, you are definitely in the south baby girl. And make sure you dress only in red, black and green for like 2 weeks to get them all riled up! tee hee

PCD (Pretty Circle Drawer) said...

that maintenance dude is weird...i didn't think people still displayed that stuff. guess i'm too detached from the south...nonetheless, its weird. anyhoo, are you going to share the outcome of your first project? just wondering :-S

Jazzy said...

cracking up @ the last paragraph!

smh @ get er done...sounds so kuntree - not to be confused with "southern".

Football...eh. I'd skip all of that too!

Jameil said...

adei... t rex? hahahahaha! send my cowrie shells! but we're doing thanksgiving together so just bring em or give em to me! malcolm is my fave dead guy! actually we have 5 of everything so stop hatin.

rj... rock it baby!! i'm ain't skippin nothin just b/c of that!!!

epsi... hahahaha! do it!

liz... SO serious! the mngr was sitting right there but now it's abt to be on w/the folk above their heads.

sandy... right? football is fab!

yabg.... i know, right? and blow my fro up hugely!

pcd... i love how people are trying to make it a southern thing. it's really not. hicks are just as prevalent in pittsburgh. i will def. share the outcome.

diva.. thanks!! southern/country not the same! i like football! can't wait to go to a game! i gotta prioritize and research! lol

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

"I have to cut back on everything that's not school, working out, finding a job."
Just a guess. But that ain't gonna make somebody feel too Rah-some... Unless of course that is what you mean by "working out"

Jameil said...

2nd 68... guess who's out of order? that would be you!! he knows what i'm here for and that is most CERTAINLY NOT what i meant by working out.