9.30.2008

Bloggerversary!

It's mine!  After 3 years, 2 days and 611 posts, here we are.  3 years ago Sunday I started "All Me, All the Time" in this little space in the interweb.  Don't you love that word?  Aren't you glad I started this blog?  What really would you do with your life without it?  How would you determine your purpose?  Your worth?  Your necessity?  I think you would find yourself and your life truly lacking.  You wouldn't know what it was, though.  It'd be something like, "Who am I?"  "What does this all mean?" "I'm missing that certain je ne sais quois..."  In fact, prior to the day you found this, that is precisely what you were thinking.  WELL HERE I AM AND YOU'RE WELCOME!!!  Lol.  Let the thanks and congratulations flow.


I'll wait.


It feels good and it feels weird.  I started this blog so I could comment on the blogs of some of my fellow Hamptonians not long after I moved to Pittsburgh.  I was lonely and feeling out of sync with my comfort zone.  I didn't know anyone in Pittsburgh other than my dad and most of my closest friends (the ones I grew up with) and family were moving back to Charlotte just as I was moving away.  This blog was my way of reconnecting with that world, or at least the ones of my Hamptonians.  

Now it's morphed into something altogether different.  I know bloggers of varied races, instead of only black ones.  I think about some bloggers more than I think about people I actually know.  I read Joy's blog enough that I see stuff that reminds me of her all the time.  Some are my homies from journalism (VDizzle, Chris).  I picked up a mentee (I need to check on Cnel...).  I've met several bloggers (Duck, Ace, Dreamy J).  Some give me birthday cards (Diva!) or web awards (that list is too long)!  Some have inspired me to be a fab mommy (PCD, 1969, Liz, Sandy).  One I've read every single post she's ever written (La) and credit myself with having made her who she is!!! I kid! Lol.  I found some from her (Joy, Shani) who are some of my faves.  I have to use some one blogs to keep up with my actual friends I knew before blogs (STACE!!!) LOLOLOL.  I'm even dating a blogger!  (Definitely something I would've NEVER anticipated.  I think internet dating is creepy and nebulous. But we weren't looking for one another so whatev I guess.  Lol.)  To all the bloggers I mentioned, by name or alluded to, to those I didn't, to those who read me regularly and those who just stop by every once in a while, thanks!!  If I didn't mention your name in this post but have mentioned you regularly on this blog, include your name here!!  Blogger for life, son!  Lol.

19 comments:

shani-o said...

I got a shout-out!!

*passes out*

LOL, I can't believe it's been such a long time! The other day I was trying to remember how long I've been reading your blog. I'm pretty sure it's almost been from the beginning. Don't we LOVE La for bringing us together?

And I have to thank you for Stace, because she's become one of my faves! :-)

Rashan Jamal said...

Thanks and congratulations! I didn't know what I was missing until the day I found this blog!!!

No name on my shout out, but I'll still take it.

Thanks (amongst many other things) for getting me to blog more frequently with your bullying tactics and letting me steal all your readers. LOL

Anonymous said...

I didn't get a shout out THIS year, but I got one last year.


It has been a pleasure watching you grow.


Here is to many many more.

Unknown said...

Happy Bloggerversary!!! I love coming over here for a good laugh!!!

I bet if blogged more I'd get a shout out too...I'm aiming for a shout out next year...LOL

Momisodes said...

Congratulations on your Bloggerversary!

3 years? You have stamina my friend :)

I AM so glad you started this blog.
And you will be one fab mommy, as your child will have equally fab shoes ;)

*cheers to 3 more years!*

Adei von K said...

blogger for life, son" has me DYING!!! you are so funny!!

awwwww, you got me on this thing and i couldn't imagine not having a outlet like this. you are sooooooo right about staying in touch thru blogger!!! Lord knows I don't answer the celly all the time, but i will let you know how I am via an internet!

Adei von K said...

SHANI!!!! I love you!!

Ms.Honey said...

YAHHHHHH

HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY

I look forward to reading more on your adventures as you enter this new phase of life (that sounded pretty profound huh lol)

Southerner in Suomi said...

*HUG!!* I gotta shout out.

Happy Bloggerversary!!

Darius T. Williams said...

Blogger for life, son? Hilarious.

Congrats!

Jazzy said...

You are definitely a blogger for life...word is born son(or is it word is bond?) LOL!!!

Anywho...thanks for my shout out. Yaaaaay...*doing a happy dance*

Like Shani...I can't believe you've been blogging for THREE WHOLE YEARS!!! You ole lady you! Congrats!!

Great tribute!

ruthibel said...

Congratulations!!

Desy said...

congrats on your bloggerversary!

CNEL said...

Mentor three years how fabulous.

Yes you definitely have challenged me to think differently.

For a while there it was always, "Well my mentor whose a producer in Pittsburgh says ..."

Congrats on the milestone.

Continued success.

1969 said...

Happy Anniversary To JAMEIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the entertainment. I would tell you that you rock, but you already know:)

Liz Dwyer said...

I am VERY glad you started your blog! Love it and love how the name changes every once in awhile. And how appropriate because would you have guessed three years ago that you'd be where you are today?

Just noticed the new rule. Was someone cussin' up in here?

And dating a blogger... love it! ;0

the joy said...

Aw jam! *internet hug* I'm glad your here. Now if you'd just come HERE so we'd meet... *shakes fist*

Monie said...

LOL You are a mess. Happy Blog-a-versary! I'm gonna eat some nicely seasoned fries just for the occassion.

Jameil said...

shani... get up!! wake up!! it feels longer some days and like no time others. i think almost from the beginning, too. and yes, hurry for la and you're welcome for stace.

rj... danke! i know you were so lost! and now you're thinking of yourself. everybody knows your role in my life. calm down. and you're welcome for blogging more and more reading.

ink... thx.

miss b... blog more and we'll see. lol.

momisodes... thx!! i know right? lol. wheee!!

adei.. lol. now if we could get you to answer the phone. lol.

honey... thx!! me too!

v & darius, ruthibelle & desy... thx!

diva... lol. bond! i'm a blog elder stateswoman! recognize!

cnel... ole out the woodworks self! glad i could help! thx!

1969... thx!!

liz... thx dahling! i have to change the name b/c i get bored with it. not sure how long the current half jameil half amazing will be up. EVERYONE was cussin and it was driving me BANANAS!!!

joy... or you could check out the sunshine state! lol. hop a ride w/rah!

monie... lol. TRES appropriate!!