9.12.2008

Jameil. Likes. to. Party All the Time!



DEAD!! I knew the song but never knew it was Eddie! And he's got the CRAZY laugh at the beginning AND Rick? ENOUGH! I can't!! Hahahahaha!! I know I'm young. Don't even get me started on all the music I'm unaware of. And movies? Speaking of which. I tried to watch "The Brother from Another Planet" yesterday. LAWD JESUS!! Rashan told me it was weird but that was outrageous! LMAO!! I pushed through the first 1/2 hour, then another. Then I was like, "I'm not gonna force myself to watch 50 more minutes of this! It's too terrible and this is not a documentary!" If it's a doc, I force myself to finish and take copious notes on what I do and do not like. This? I'm straight. Pass a doc this way! I saw 7 shorts (25-35 minutes) this week so my list is up to about 15 movies. I'm not going to include an experimental short on the list "Lucy Tsak Tsak" about one of the first women to work in the Bulgarian film industry. It was 2 minutes and I suppose the term "experimental" was chosen to describe it because it was pointless. I really am trying to stop being so harsh. I am well-aware that I don't believe in movies without an obvious point. I don't like poetry with hidden messages, either. Don't be "deep." Say what you mean or I'll give you the dead face and roll my eyes and talk about you when your back is turned. You've been warned.

This weekend is party weekend due to a lack of football, remember? Tonight is my professor's dinner party. It says attire is casual. That must be a joke. If you really think I'm going to something billed as a dinner party in "casual dress," you're crazy. Maybe jeans but I make no guarantees. I don't want to go all out and look outrageous which I tend to do every time I go out in a college town (non-HBCU... you know we get DRESSED to go out at night). It drives me insane. But some of my lonely shoes will get to play tonight! Yay! I'm gonna watch some tv online since I'm getting the shakes (did I tell you I don't have a tv? IT'S KILLING ME!!) without it. Au revoir friends!

11 comments:

Adei von K said...

jameil and casual don't mix. i don't even think that is in your vocabulary!!

isn't that song outrageous!?!? eddie was a hot ass mess. youtube a song he and michael jackson had... dang, drawing a blank...

loooove the warning! i will roll my eyes AND talk about you!!! LOLOLOL with me!!! I can hear it now,
"Stace, let me tell you bout this wack behind poetry I read on someone's blog..."

Southerner in Suomi said...

Tell me I LOVE that song? I saw it for the first time when I was like 15 and died at Rick in that WIG!!!

Ignore the casual (even though they really mean it).

Rashan Jamal said...

@ adei - the song is called "put your mouth on me" it's hilarious...

You know you like that deep Badu stuff. You have a poetry slam at your crib every Friday. Incense, candles, snapping...

You know you don't go to an HBCU anymore. Go on and adapt to the new dress code. Torn jeans and flip flops for you!!!

ruthibel said...

no tv? I understand the shakes...

the joy said...

Remind me never to let you read my poetry. Its all extended metaphors snd etherialism, lol. Very not terse.

TVs are not at all expensive. Please visit a pawn shop. Or have Rashan send you one because I'm sure despite being one person, he probably has 3. Or is that just me?

Lmao@ Rashan. Adei the song is called "wazupwitu" or some other ignorant spelling of actual words.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

You could always get a TV tuner for your computer!

You ARE young! You didn't know about the reason Eddie was talking smack about folk being surprised at his singing in Dreamgirls on Oprah? William Shatner did an album or two also... Just saying...

Momisodes said...

Still no TV?!?!

You really are a trooper.

Love that you're shoes are coming out to play :)

Darius T. Williams said...

OH - u have no tv? ehhhh...I have one...but can't live without DVR. I'd go freaking insane without DVR!

Desy said...

when is this tv situation gonna get rectified?

i have a tendency to go to the nines when invited out as well... i don't understand why you wouldn't when you have an amazing shoe collection and clothes to go with it... i need to make the investment count

Anonymous said...

I know you will be the hottest at this party. That is a given.

Jameil said...

adei. you cursed.

v... you don't love it! hilarity!! hahahahahaha. i def. ignored it.

rj... dirty man. lmao @ adei's house-- poetry hq. NO NEW DRESS CODES!!

ruthi... right??

joy... hahahahahahahahaha. thanks! a pawn shop huh? rashan has 2 tvs and won't share.

2nd... ooh! really?? hahahaha. yes i'm young.

sandy... or a glutton for punishment. yay shoes!

dtw... i know right??? killa!!

desy... idk someone is hatin. make it count!!!!

epsi... thanks dahling!