9.05.2008

Breakfast is Back!

Oh baby it's back!!  Y'all know I love me some breakfast!  Yes children!  Lawd knows I do!  Breakfast, YOU MY DOG!  The amount of time I spend out of the house in class, using the internet, generally running around in the lava-style Florida heat now requires me to eat breakfast before I leave the house.  Otherwise I die from heat exhaustion and hunger by the time I get back home.  Oh breakfast how do I love thee?  Let me count the ways.  Let's do a recap of the breakfast love I've had in the last couple of weeks, shall we?  Mmm.

The first one is from the Mont.icello when Rah came to visit me in Charlotte early last month.  DELISH!!  I had eggs benedict (of course... lol LOVE eggs benny!)  He had some bangin french toast with some of the most delicious bacon I've ever had.  Right up there with Cracker Barrel bacon!

This one is from my first weekend in Gainesville.  Rah and I had Sunday brunch at this place called L.eonardo's 706.  I had the salmon eggs benedict.  He had the cajun omelet.  It had shrimp and something else lovely in it.  This morning  I'm making myself, toast, cheese eggs, grits and sausage.  YUM!!  This weekend I'm making salmon croquettes and grits with wheat toast and orange juice.  Can't wait!  Who else is down??  Hmmm??? Oh wait.  You're not invited. Maybe next time!  Hahahahahahaha.  And now I'm hungry.

16 comments:

Just Me said...

I love breakfast too! That is my favorite meal of the day!

Ms.Honey said...

Dang that's cold..talking about food then says folks aint invited and you put up pics...sooo not hot lol

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i cook breakfast each morning my kids dont get down like that

*Tanyetta* said...

i am hungry!!!!!!

Rashan Jamal said...

You wanna save some of that breakfast for tomorrow when I get there?

La said...

I am about 2 seconds away from licking my computer screen...

1969 said...

Breakfast is the best. I love cheese grits with just about anything :)

YUMMY.

PCD (Pretty Circle Drawer) said...

breakfast is so beautiful...there's a place up here that is STUPID on the breakfast tip. folks wait outside for hours just to eat there and the (sugar-cured) bacon is like candy, mmmmmmmm!!

Desy said...

probably the only class of meal that you can eat at anytime and it be the best meal ever....

Open Grove Claudia said...

I do love breakfast. We have it sometimes for dinner! :) That guy seems like a keeper - what do you think?

Southerner in Suomi said...

Lemme get some of that french toast! But I'm need around noon. Lol.

Anonymous said...

yaaay you said Salmon croquettes and not patties ... patties is so blah ... and croquettes is sexy in a food kind of way ... girl that old school breakfast and one of my favs!

dejanae said...

shit
now im hungry too

dreamyj said...

breakfast looks good

Jazzy said...

I luv breakfast so much, I could eat for dinner!

So hungry after seeing those pics!

Jameil said...

just me... ain't it great!!

honey... i'm just sayin.... lol.

torr... that's fab!!

days... i'm always hungry! or at least thinking about my next meal. sometimes i plan several meals in advance with joy in my heart. food is love, man! food is love!!

rj... you got your breakfast now get in that kitchen and fix me some next time you come!

la.... hahahaha. praise God you refrained!!! crazy!

1969... not so much w/the cheese grits for me oddly enough. good ol s&p and butter is just fine in my grits but i'll get cheese grits, too. mmmm.

pcd... ain't it!? I LOVE BREAKFAST!! dead @ candy brekky! hilarity!!

desy... right???

claud... mmm!! and yes, he is a keeper so far. it's still early but i like him alright. lol.

v... lol. LAZY!!

cali... i know! it's all abt presentation, n'est-ce pas?
lol. mmmm breakfast!!

dreamy... yeah!!

diva... me too!!