1) There's this girl I went to middle school with who was held back once, her older sister was held back twice when she had each of her babies... in middle school. Both very nice girls. Just rough around the edges. The younger sister has made such open-minded strides!! I love watching her evolution and her beautiful family on facebook! I know there's no way to tell her I'm really glad she's progressed beyond middle school without sounding condescending so I'll say it here and continue to tell her how cute her kids are!
2) How excited am I that "Clarissa Explains It All" is back?? VERY!! I even enjoyed a little "All That." Can I please get some "Salute Your Shorts" and "The Secret Life of Alex Mack"!!??
3) Fb is not LinkedIn. It should used to build professional contacts. If we don't really know each other? What would be the point?
4) You know how there are people who would NEVER leave the house w/o earrings w/o feeling naked? I am not of this ilk. I never have been but now that I have hair long enough to cover my ears? Psssssh. Chile please. Now part of this is definitely that I don't have enough everyday earrings but the other part is I don't care that much.
5) I started a new page on the blog called 'Thankful' to try to help me out of my tendency to complain far too much.
6) I continued stretching my teaching muscle with some stimulating reading this week and it was awesome!!
7) Have you seen the Animal Planet show "Too Cute"??? IT'S TOO CUTE!! Me & Rah were all up in those cute kitties!!
8) I got a free Martha Stewart Living subscription, right? Why did I get three in one week??? Umm... June, July AND August... in July??? Where do they participate in that activity? Behind the preposition at?
9) I'm trying to cook up a storm this week. I'm aiming for at least 5 meals. One down! Wish me luck!
10) My brain tells me I'm fat sometimes. It's not even predictable. It happened the other day and I started telling Rashan I need to change my diet and pinching my sides. He blank stared at me. Then I looked in the mirror and said, "Oh... it doesn't look that bad." More blank stares. More Jameil chatter. Another look in the mirror, "What is wrong with me? I'm not fat!" Rashan, "I've learned not to get in the middle of your crazy." LOL I've married a smart man!
11) Speaking of which, Rashan and I have been married one month today!!!! :) What a joyous month! One of the girls in my program sent a note wishing us "eternal marital bliss." Beautiful!!
12) BIRTH MONTH!!!!!!!!!! AUGUST BABIES STAND UP!!!