August 21-27, 2011
Birthday week!!! I'm gonna call this a good week for movies!
139) Every Girl Should Be Married. Betsy Drake stars as a store clerk who sets out to convince a local pediatrician (my beloved Cary Grant) he should marry her. So nutty! This girl was a straight stalker! Entertaining when I wasn't gasping in shock at her antics. 3.8 stars
140) Pom Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold. Morgan Spurlock film about product placement in film and television. I could have done with a lot less exposition. I didn't need to know all of the background of getting this film off the ground. I really enjoyed the meetings with the company executives. Very amusing. It does make you think about how far you could go with advertising and still feel okay with yourself. He did some really interesting things. But did it need to be 90 minutes? Definitely not. It became incredibly redundant. I'm quite sure I could've gotten everything he wanted me to know in 60 minutes or less. 2.4 stars
141) Room for One Moore. Cute Cary Grant and Betsy Drake film about a couple that always finds room for one more child... or pet. Awwww! I so liked it! It's not on Netflix so try to catch it on TCM again. 4 stars
142) Crazy, Stupid, Love. Steve Carrell & Julianne Moore (I can't get into her) star as a couple headed for divorce when Ryan Gosling steps in to turn his life around and make him studly... you know... like an older version of him. I don't get the appeal of Gosling and yes I liked "The Notebook." But I really liked this movie and I the twist was AWESOME!! Neither of us saw it coming and as it was happening, I was still confused! Love that! Cute and sweet. 4 stars
143) Limitless. Bradley Cooper stars in this film about a man who takes drugs that give him limitless intelligence and all the trouble that comes as a result of that limitlessness. The end made me hate it. Some of the effects made me dislike it long before the end. I did not like this movie. I didn't hate it. But I didn't like it. 3 stars
144) The Wild Bunch. Please make it stop. The longest Western of my life about aging outlaws who hook up with a crooked Mexican general. I did not enjoy it. 2 stars