5.24.2010

Monday Mindspacing Vol. 50*

1) People who still don't get twitter are weird to me.  I have different audiences on my blogs, facebook & twitter.  There are only a handful of people who overlap with all three and I most of them are people I know or have at least met offline.  I'm the same person in all three spaces but each gives me a different vibe and I give each a different piece of me with minimal overlap.
2) I. LOVE the open for 30 Rock... yeah.... I know that makes me weird... but I find it so cute & delightful!  It's one of my favorite parts of the day!  :)
3) I saw somebody on fb with SillyBandz, those colorful animal-shaped bracelets the kids are wearing these days (lolololol) & now I want some!!
4) I only like the name Eric spelled with a 'c.'  I don't know why but the rest of you should fix the spelling of your name.  I'm talking to you, 'q,' 'k' and 'ck.'  I'm sure there's someone out there who thinks I shouldn't have an 'i' in my name and call myself Ja-mell.  SO!!  You don't like it, give your child the greatest name ever & spell it however you want.  But Eric only.
5) I hate when internet emails say 'JUST FOR YOU!' then I see it's a lie. BORDERS BOOKS & MUSIC!!  I have never, ever in my entire life done a search for a book on Palin, vampires or Harry Potter.  EVER.  Hate.  Take a cue from Netflix.
6) Despite my foodieness I love those crackers, sausage & cheese gift sets... I also like the popcorn trios, too... Lolol.
7) People... you shouldn't even TRY to sell everything.  A knitted apple cozy???  Why does my apple need to be warm???  AND FOR $9?!?!  I'll leave it at the store first.  Let them keep it warm.
8) Dear Food Network Magazine, Who cares if grapeseed oil is a healthy substitute for butter?  No one has that on hand!  #cmonson
9) I need a cinnamon roll.  Somebody get on that.
10) I get shocked when people up and have babies & they haven't said anything on fb/twitter/blogger.  How do you keep quiet about that for 5 or 9 months???  Yeah... so I had this kid growing inside me for the first time ever... no biggie.  I guess that's partly because one of my fave bloggers told us she was pregnant the week she found out!  Lol.  I mean... you ain't gotta do all that but can I get some sort of heads up???  Who cares how long it's been since we talked?  We're on a social network!
11) Rashan said he was sleepy when we were watching a movie... then as usual when he says this... that dude was knocked out inside 5 minutes.  It cracks me up!  Lol.
12) I think my crazy love for the NYTimes is wearing off... WHYYYYY??? First, because they got rid of my favorite column, 2nd because the weddings section has been filled with the stories of unspectacularness of late and I'm tired of reading about yuppies in the style section.  Endless stream of yuppies.
13) Just because you like a bad movie you're not automatically deep.  You're not seeing something in it no one else does.  You're just ignoring all the unavoidable flaws.

*Can you believe I've been doing these for almost a year??  In case you're wondering, here's the first one.

8 comments:

Nerd Girl said...

1. Color me weird. I don't get twitter at all. But I'm about to send you a friend request on fb. I don't handle rejection well....

4. I'mma tell my friend Erickque you said his name is all kinds of wrong. Okay, so I made Erickque up. Though I'm pretty sure he exists somewhere.

7. Please say you made that up?!?

8. Blech. Butter is not to be trifled with.

Sha Boogie said...

I am one of those people! I don't get it..help...LOL

Naima said...

8. Butter > Grapeseed oil. That is all.

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

1. i get it but i don't tweet does that make me weird?
6. I love snacks! cheese an caramel popcorn! yea!
8. butter vs grapeseed oil no bueno!

Congrats on the almost year commitment

Rashan Jamal said...

1. I get twitter, i just can't get into it. I'm trying though
2. I love the excitement that radiates off you when that song is on. It's awesome
3. you just sounded mad old.
4. Name Regulators!!! Mount Up!
5.Did you just say Palin was a vampire that dates Harry Potter, b/c that's what I'm going to start telling people.
6. That's food too, n'est pas?
7. LOL - Martha Stewart strikes again.
8. Something tells me that you'll have grape seed oil before the summer is over.
9. My homeboy Herman works at Cinnabon in the Oglethorpe Mall. He'll give me the hook up Oh wait, that was 1991
10. That's taking things too far if you ask me. What do you mean you didn't ask me.
11. At least I didn't stay up until 6 like I've been doing lately.
12. Are they still called yuppies? I remember that term being used back in the 80s. They need a new name like the urban elite or something
13 I'm is deep. Glitter was just underrated! Stop berating me on your blog!

Liz Dwyer said...

My sister joined twitter and then never tweets. Then she complains how it's boring. Sigh.

Totally endless stream of yuppies. Plus they're about to start charging.

Ladynay said...

1) Okay so I'm weird
3) My daughter's principal asked us if we could help the kids keep the bracelets at home because they were a distraction! LOL! I think it's funny that the new "thing" is a bracelet that looks like you can get it out the quarter machine! LOL!
6)ditto

Jameil said...

Hey weirdos. Twitter is microblogging so it's little things you think of as you go through the day that don't warrant a full blog post. Basically how some of you use your facebook statuses.

nerd... 1) i should've rejected you! lolol
4) He definitely exists and his momma should be thoroughly questioned.
7) I most certainly did not! http://www.etsy.com/listing/37231589/cozy-apple-jacketsweater-handknit-off?ref=sr_gallery_4&ga_search_query=apple+sweater&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
8) Right??

sha... help above! lol

nai... word life!

gp... 1) nope! 6) yep! 8) le sigh & head shake. haven't tried it so I'm not going to KNOCK it per se but I'd just really rather not. Thanks!

rj... 1) you seem to be getting into it pretty well of late!
2) lol! i LOVE THAT SONG!!
3) hursh.
4) yeaaaaaah!!
5) Do it.
6) But not foodie food!
7) Insane. So 'Whatever Martha'-worthy.
8) I KNOW!!
9) time travel alert!!
10) i agree!!
11) stop doing that.
12) i call em that. call em what you want.
13) BERATE BERATE.

liz... lolol. SISTERS! they're incorrigible. my sister doesn't get it either but no complaints. the idea of them charging is repugnant to me so I guess it's good i'm less drawn to it.

lady... 1) yes you are! lolol
3) HAHAHA! I LOVE THAT! i saw on the sign at walgreens that they have them!! i was so excited!! how much do they cost?
6) mmmmm