When I told my mom about this list, she said, you better get a move on, you don't have much time.... FACE, MOM!! I still have 2 years and almost 3 months!! Such a hater, that one. I wanted this list to encompass things that are achievable but still not too easy, some things I've always wanted to do and some things I feel like I should have accomplished by now! I'm sure you'll see some that you think are unworthy of this list. To that I say, MAKE YOUR OWN LIST!! Then blog about it! :) The ones with asterisks are the ones I'll need some assistance to accomplish and haven't yet had any volunteers.
1) Get married. Can you believe I used to want to get married and have my first child by 23?!? Very glad I didn't. I'm such a different person now.
2) Get pregnant. I know you need to hear it, so no comments necessary on 1 & 2. Move along.
3) Go skydiving. I've always wanted to do this!
4) Ride a mechanical bull for at least :08. I know I can! :)
5) Go on a helicopter ride.
6) Go white water rafting.
7) Use my passport again. It's been 10 years!! My passport expires this month. :(
8) Read the entire Bible. I want this to be something I enjoy and learn from so I want a 1.5 to 2 year plan. I feel like a one-year plan would make me rush through it. Do you have a program you love?
9) Run a 5k. I've been saying this for years so it's time to actually do it!!
10) Take a cooking class. I would LOVE to do this!
11) Go wine tasting in North Carolina Wine Country. Gotta enjoy my home state on my triumphant return!
12) Cook my way through Tyler's Ultimate cookbook. It's achievable by sheer volume (there are about 100 recipes) but still difficult enough because of the techniques required to be interesting. And with some of those ingredients, it will be a true stretch of my ability to follow a recipe. I decided to extend this beyond the end of the year because some of the ingredients are expensive.
13) Go to a gun range and shoot it out!* Don't ask what IT is! Lol.
14) Work out 3xs a week for a full year. I've done it before (for almost 2 and I'd love to do it again).
15) Take at least one picture every day for a year. Haven't decided when I'll start yet but I'm excited about the prospect!
16) Go to a Carolina Panthers game. Me & Rah on opposite sides-- him for the Falcons, me for the superior team!!
17) Go to a Duke-Carolina basketball game. I LOVE Duke basketball!!! Can't wait to make this happen!!!
18) Learn how to hem clothing. I'm way too short not to know this already & the granddaughter of a seamstress!! The $48 a woman tried to charge me for a dress I paid $20 for tipped it for me, though.
19) Ride on a hot air balloon.* This will also require conquering my mild fear of heights! :)
20) Make a house a home via decoration! I've only lived on my own the last 2 years but as a student moving way too much I only got a start on this but not a real chance to do it up.
21) Tour a brewery! :)
22) Find my perfect shade of red lipstick. Easy in theory and to a man. Reds & pinks are hard on medium and dark skin. I'm gonna make this happen soon!
23) Make AND KEEP a budget. Starting this summer!!
24) Take a dance class for some dance you have to get pretty for! :) Samba, salsa, tango, so many options!
25) Read 10 classic books I've never read before: Pride & Prejudice, Oliver Twist, Catch-22, Catcher in the Rye, Grapes of Wrath, The Great Gatsby, Invisible Man, Lord of the Flies, Their Eyes Were Watching God, Uncle Tom's Cabin.
26) Go to an opera! I've already found a date for Opera Carolina in October!
27) Get my name in the newspaper a minimum of 5 times! With my film, this is very achievable!
28) Enter a food competition with my own recipe. So cool! I'd love to win, too! :)
29) Watch AFI's Top 100 movies. I know I should be excited about this but I'm really not. This might be more like a chore. I'll have to get some really good movies but there are some long ones. By coincidence because Rashan did this, I've seen 47.
30) Get a job I love. I've never had one of these. I've been happy for periods of times at my old jobs but I can't say I've ever had a job I loved.