5.19.2010

Geeked!

The latest on my film is today my thesis partner & I cut it down to 39:57, my goal length.  For most film festivals you need to be under 40 minutes including credits to qualify for the short film category.  At our screening we were at 40:57 so we knew we wanted to cut about a minute.  We got rid of some redundancies, some confusing or unnecessarily long sections, added a few effects, changed some music and today we are at a place where I can say we're done!!!!  SO EXCITED!!  We'll be entering about 5 film festivals in the next 2 weeks and 5-7 more in the weeks after that.  SCORE!!  I'm so excited!  And I just can't hide it!

Tomorrow we work on our trailer and by the end of the week we should have some website stuff squared away!  I cooked for my classmates on Monday (recipes throughout the week on The Record Dish) to make them help me clear out my refrigerator... hmmm... we're meeting tomorrow and I think I'll take them some more food!  Yesssss!  I was looking for a way to get rid of some more food!  We are also having a brewcue-- that's beer brewing session & barbecue.  What??  All over it!  I'm so ready.  I have ground beef, chicken & turkey hot dogs in the freezer all begging to be cooked. 

AND Rachael Ray's mag is a grilling issue with at least 6 recipes I want to try on 3 pages.  DAAAAANG!!  This magazine is off the chain this month!!  Love it!!  Isn't it a beautiful day in the neighborhood???  BTW my godmother was talking about turning on the heat recently (she lives in Harrisburg) and it really shocked me.  It's been in the 90s for 3 weeks here!!  Lol.  No, that is not bragging because the weekend of my graduation?  Felt like 100.  FAIL!!!  Anyway, hope you're having a great day, too!

4 comments:

Not so Anonymous said...

Congrats on the film. Are you going to enter South By Southwest next year? I really want to go to that festival one year, and I'm finally close enough to do it!

Rashan Jamal said...

Whoo Hoo for cutting the film down. I'm glad I could help with ideas. But I'm a need you to stop giving all your food away and cook it for me instead! Hmph

Sha Boogie said...

LOVE the new rach magazine!! Ohh la, la! Please share pics from the brewcue!

Jameil said...

nsa... maybe. we'll have to see what the entry requirements are. that's also a really difficult one to get into.

rj... me too! :) i will be cooking for you so calm it on down.

sha... right!??! that thing is off the chain!!