Ooooooof the yeeeeeeeeeeear! Yay!! Soo... I never thought I would say this, but I actually got really, really excited about the snow this morning when I walked out of work and saw it piled up "all around, all around, boom." Name that movie. It just felt really, really like Christmas. Especially since I bought another copy of Mariah Carey's "Merry Christmas." (The first copy was lost/stolen.) I looove that cd all day every day. It's not Christmas without that cd and Boyz II Men Christmas. Sigh. I also bought "Now That's What I Call Christmas 3." That title cracks me up!! So 90's infomercial, right? Today we have Miss Pro to thank for our blog topic. Have a holly jolly Christmas!!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? OOH! Wrapping paper. I don't know why but I love wrapping gifts. I think because it's very organized. I like things that can be done a right way. I also like folding clothes and ironing. This does not mean I will do either as soon as they need to be done. It just means once I start I can't stop.
2. Tree, real or fake? Real! I can't stand fake trees. (Have I done this before? I'm getting a bit of deja vu.) However, we haven't had a tree in the now 3 Christmas seasons I've been here. Yes, it is a bit bizarre and makes it feel less like Christmas. HOWEVER, there is no depressing tree removal so that's hot.
3. When do you put up the tree? When I was at home, it was whenever me and my sister did it.
4. When do you take the tree down? When my mother made us(usually on New Year's Day).
5. Do you like eggnog? LOVE IT! But as much as I like liquor, it seems unnecessary and odd in eggnog-- mostly b/c it waters it down.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Money or clothes. I was always particularly attached to gifts from my aunt Terry. She's not really my aunt, but my godmother, and my mom's line sister.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope. But one of the stations here did a story about a stolen nativity scene and the anchor said something to the effect of "Boy I know the neighborhood is out to get that person." Really? Over a nativity scene? Doesn't that represent Christianity? And isn't being out to get someone totally against the concept of Christianity? Just wondering.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My father. He wants nothing and doesn't have any favorite anything. He doesn't collect anything and doesn't wear ties. He likes electronics. He wants a GPS sytem this year. But I'm really not trying to spend $150 on anyone.
9. Favorite Christmas tradition? I added this in because there was no 9. I looooove eating and being with my large extended family. My dad has 8 brothers and sisters. From them I have 27 first cousins. Most of them don't show up, but the ones who do are muy fun.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Socks. And I've gotten them more than once. Ugly ones. I'll take pictures of some of the ugly socks. I kept them because I was just so through with how hideous they were. Warm does not mean ugly.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Finally I will mail!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Hmmm... I don't think I have one but we watched "A Christmas Story" all day at work last year. That's "You'll shoot your eye out" right? That one. I also like "Elf."
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When I see things I know people will like. Usually not until December. But I got a good bit done yesterday.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so but I'm definitely thinking about it this year.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mrs. Allen's mac and cheese and broccoli rice casserole, my mom's sweet potato pie and dressing.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Pro says "Colored lights are so 1980." Well, as 1969's hubby's favorite rapper (Lil Wayne) says, "82 I was born ready." I like colored lights because they remind me of my childhood. But I'm very aware of the tackiness of them. I just really don't care.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Don't make me choose! "O Holy Night", Mariah Carey's entire cd, "The Holly & the Ivy." "O Come All Ye Faithful" "Silver Bells" I could go on for days. I looooooooove Christmas music!!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel, travel, travel!!!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph. (Didn't I tell you I know Christmas songs? Y'all don't listen.) Why do nann nunna those names make a lick of sense? (You like how I pulled out the southern?)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A black angel! Looooove angels.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both. Or as soon as the box comes from my godmother. Lol.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Ugly Christmas sweaters!!
23. What I love most about Christmas? Giving gifts I know people will love and seeing friends and fam!
Hilarious line sister-ism of the day, "What's that song they sing at funerals? I'm a wretch or somethin?" "Amazing Grace?" "Yeah." LMAO!! Grad school robs the brain.