12.19.2007

The Gym Date

That wasn't. (I just heard the crowd go awwww.) It's all good (ish), but it's a crazy story. My gym has two fitness levels and an indoor track above the 2nd level which allows you to see to the other two. As I'm walking on the track yesterday, I spot G (for Gym Date) on the lower level. I figure if I do cardio long enough he'll come up like he normally does. For 40 minutes I go between the bike and the track. 40!! Sigh. Then I do my ab work and some arm and back work. No dice. Then when I get ready to leave, I don't see him anymore. I know what you're saying, "Why didn't you just go down there?!" Because only guys go down there (it's straight weights) and I just didn't feel like dealing with all the testosterone.

When I leave, my mom helps me brainstorm how to get in contact to cancel so I don't just stand him up. She suggests calling the church to get the secretary to give me his number. I explain to her the church has 10,000 members and I don't know his last name. That's ignoring the fact that THAT'S CRAZY!! MOM! Really? And how do I explain how I got his number? Not an option. So I come up with the idea to just call the desk at the gym at the appointed time (10:30) to have them pass on the message.

I told one of my co-workers (this whole casual thing has gotten out of hand. I don't even want to go to the gym anymore because it's so out of pocket!! I just wanna work out!) I was supposed to call around 10:20 so when she left at 10, she reminded me. Except the White House compound was on fire so I was distracted. I look up at 10:44 like oh no! So I go talk to my other co-worker K-rock to explain to her what happened and she says well call now! I'm like I'm nervous. Lol. I know that's stupid but I was. How embarassing. She says, "Do you want me to call for you?" "Yes!!" I give her the number, she calls and says Mo thinks the situation is hilarious and will try to find G though he has no idea who she's talking about. Score!

When I get there today, 3 hours late (I was producing the noon today), he's not there (yes there was a possibility b/c he works out a lot), I get my workout on and leave quickly and quietly while reading Essence. Actually it probably wasn't that quietly because at times I was singing along to "A Christmas Workout!" Don't forget the exclamation mark! Tonight I'm going to Yokoso! (yes, exclamation mark) hibachi restaurant [(which does not get good reviews)(did I tell y'all I don't really like Asian-inspired food other than egg rolls?)] for my new church acquaintance's birthday. I just want to go to sleep and not wake up until December 20th. That way I can catch the replay of Project Runway and blog all about it. This week of crazy schedule has completely and totally jacked up my sleep experience.

15 comments:

Southerner in Suomi said...

NOOOOOOO!!!! @ mama trying to jack his number from church. Lawd.

And you. Nervous? What is that snow doing to ya? Lol.

So...Wise...Sista said...

Asian-inspired.

CNEL said...

LoL.
If you would have called the church.

It's crazy that you got someone else to call.

If he works out so much, are you sure he has a job? Ha ha just kidding.

I love how I watched the 12 o'clock news and the White House fire was "breaking news" then they say it began around 10. Ummm I was like "developing" maybe I don't know about breaking.

I'm with V, what's up with the nervousness?

Jameil said...

v&c. are you serious? BECAUSE I'M HUMAN!! not nervous abt going, i just don't like making phone calls like that pertaining to me. don't judge me.

wise... yes. asian-inspired. faux asian, eau de asian, asian-esque. i'm not down.

c... you're so funny. see how i said that with a total lack of mirth. no it shouldn't have been breaking at noon.

Discombobulated Diva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Discombobulated Diva said...

LOL... ur moms is funny... but i probably would have thought of something crazy like that too...

~DD

Anonymous said...

Avoiding gym dates? WTH? I need to go catch up....

Karamale said...

lmao @ eau de asian...i need to get caught-up too. you goin on dates these days?

dreamyj said...

that storry is just too much. i love some asian food girl!

Momisodes said...

I'd be nervous too...your mom is too funny!

No Asian!-- You no like Flied Lice?

Jameil said...

DD... insanity!

funky... you do that! take kara w/you! and dreamy!

kara... to quote every coach ever, "its a process."

sandy... LMAO!! i ate too much chinese food as a child.

Rashan Jamal said...

Awwwww... That sounds like a Rashan type story. LOL @ your mom giving you advice on how to be a stalker. I hope he got the message, but even if he didn't I'm sure he wont be too upset. It's not like it was set in stone. A little advice, next time you have a date, make sure you get the dudes phone number. LOL

Jameil said...

rj... that was so his fault. you set up the date, you get the number. i'm just here workin on my fitness!!

the joy said...

Aw boo. Maybe next week?

Liz Dwyer said...

I was SO hoping y'all called the church secretary. That would have been something out of a Tyler Perry movie for real.

I have to tell you I don't know what I'd do without Thai food. Red curry with tofu every other Friday night!