6.04.2010

Monthly Goals: June

Normally this is to update you on the previous month's goals and get into the next month's goals.  They are versions of my yearly goals.  This time I will do that AND update you on the relevant 30 Before 30 progress.   AND I actually posted these goals in a timely fashion!!  AMEN!!

1) Work on my relationship with God.  I was on a roll toward the end of the month and since I've added read the entire Bible to my 30 Before 30 list, I have 9 chapters of the Bible down, 1180 to go!  I'm already enjoying it and very glad I decided to undertake this goal.  I figured out yesterday that if I read 2 chapters each day I can finish in a little more than a year and a half.  I know the Bible is achievable in one year but I need to make it an experience I enjoy and get something out of rather than do just to say I did it.  I know how I operate.  So my goal for the end of the month is to have read at least 51 more books to bring my total for the end of June up to 60.

2) Finish my film.  We completed our slightly shorter cut for film festivals so we fit into the shorts category.  We also completed our trailer so we're in great shape!  I'm very excited!  This month, this goal is to apply to at least 7 more festivals.  (We've already applied to 3.)

3) Take the next step in my career.  Film festival applications sent out, as mentioned.  This month I'm going to pitch my film (present it to a panel of executives from various television stations) at a film festival-- HUGE STEP!!  I'm also going to use that time to learn, see films & network.  CAN'T WAIT!!  I'm crazy excited as this is my first film festival.

4) Try new restaurants.  Of course I did well with this.  I always do.  I want to cut back on this but also by virtue of the amount of traveling I'll be doing surrounding this trip to the film festival in Maryland, I'm going to be trying lots of new restaurants.

5) Cook at least 3xs a week, 2 of those new recipes.  I really got back into the swing of things in the last 2 weeks of May and feel quite comfortable proclaiming to have my cooking & baking mojo back!!!  Recipes and reviews mostly with pictures are up on my food blog, The Record Dish, including cardamom rhubarb muffins with a lemon glaze, vanilla pancakes, lamb meatballs with honey-rosemary polenta & tangy red onion & fire roasted tomato sauce, super easy blue cheese penne and lamb burgers with feta sauce.

6) Watch more movies.  I had a goal of getting down to just 11 behind before the end of the month... yeah... about that...  I'm still working on it.  I'm still 27 behind my goal of 365 films this year but the film festival will help.  Plus... I'm not really too worried about this particular goal.  I have a lot of things I need to accomplish in the next few weeks.

7) Workout more. I was shooting for 3xs a week and that didn't happen... again.  Once a week would STILL be an improvement over my current lack of activity.  I CAN DO BETTER!!  I added this to 30 Before 30 as well and am getting underway TODAY.  I can't afford to procrastinate any longer.

8) Statecations.  I managed to go to St. Augustine yesterday!!  That was June but I'm so excited that I did it that I'll forgive May for being disappointing on this front!  :)  When I move to NC I'm going to carry over the statecations goal and make it double up on some of my 30 Before 30.  (Yes, I talk about that list right now as much in life as I have in this post!!!)

9) Contact my grandma once a month.  She got 2 cards-- birthday & Mother's Day and a birthday phone call.  This month I'll finally send her a package of my stuff from graduation & screening that she'll love.  Very cool & exciting! :)

10) Do FAFSA.  *Hangs head in shame*

4 comments:

Trish said...

You are tackling the majority of your goals. I need to stop leaving my Bible in the car after church on Sundays.

The meals you made sound so good, especially the vanilla pancakes.

It is so hard to workout in the summer, it is too freaking hot! I have been doing dvds at home lately with the a/c on full blast.

I need to call my grandparents, I heard they asked about me last week, but I'm in no hurry.

Oh and I did my FAFSA!! But I haven't finished my Grad School App.

On a limb with Claudia said...

They look like fabulous goals! I love that you include your grandmother in them. So cool!

Are you going back to school? Is that why you need the FAFSA? Good luck with it! You're always the woman with the plan! ;)

Jazzy said...

2 & 3 - so excited for you!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for ya.

4 - lol...I'm never surprised to see that you've done well with this one. never!

5 - I just want to kidnap you and turn you into my chefslave! Everything sounds so good.

10 - what are you waiting for lady?

Jameil said...

trish... so fun! i love it! the pancakes were a bit dense for my liking but Rashan liked them. Summer def. requires an indoor workout! or night! LOL! Your poor grandparents!! We are a mess w/the combined grad preparedness!

claud... thanks! yep, MFA on deck.

jazzy... thanks! 4) me either... lol 5) hmmm.... side eye. lol
10) excellent question...