And now for Thursday 13 since I was live twittering during the election. Twitter was a g!! Held it down for me something serious! I don't know who said most of these because I was at an election party and people were yelling things all over and I didn't know most of their names, so you'll just have to take the quotes minus attribution. If it's not in quotes, I said it. And some of them will be from my live twittering. Here goes nothing!
1) "We have a president who looks like me." Me and my mom boo hooing with other people I'm in the room with. He won w/o NC/FL. 11:09 PM
2) "When your mama told you you could be anything you want when you grow up, it's for real." 11:11 PM
3) "I am so happy." -- my dad. "I took the week off just to make sure they couldn't send me out to keep me from voting." 11:13 PM
4) mccain gave a great concession speech. can't wait for PRESIDENT-ELECT OBAMA'S VICTORY SPEECH!! YES WE DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 11:38 PM
5) Listening to my 44th president!!!!!! "Change has come to America." -Pres. Barack Obama 12:01 AM
6) All the women started hollering when he shouted out his best friend for the last 16 yrs (Michelle). i started crying when i saw jesse jackson crying. 12:04 AM
7) I wish his parents and grandparents were alive to see this. amazing. i own part of this campaign via my donation! 12:05 AM
8) "Everybody close your mouth. it's hot." *snicker* 12:05 AM
9) We have a black president. wow. i'm verklempt. 12:06 AM
10) "We will get there." -Barack Obama. "Yes we can." -The crowd 12:08 AM
11) YES WE CAN!!! 12:14 AM
12) Fresh! Now let's get our 1st fam out there again. Come on! 12:17 AM
13) We have a black first grandma!
And one for the road...
14) "They didn't want to give us 40 acres & a mule so we'll take 50 states and a White House."
*I just got teary-eyed reliving that!