Me, my mom, my sister & Rashan went out to lunch at a Mexican restaurant, then Krispy Kreme-- YUM!, then dinner at what's supposed to be the best sushi in town. Why was that sushi terrible? All the fried stuff was fried too hard and had too much breading. HORRID. I also took a look at the reviews after going there and they were like, "Good FOR WINSTON." Are you serious? Not good, but good for here??? I'll be saving up my sushi visits for other cities, then. Greensboro isn't that far. They've got to have better sushi. That's just not right. I was pissed. I wanted to have a delicious meal, possibly trying a meat I've never had before. I ended up disappointed.
I'm sure of my list you want to know what I actually got accomplished or received.
1) Nude or grey pumps (like these)-- No, put my godmother sent me enough money to get both! :)
2) A Giada de Laurentiis cookbook & An Ina Garten cookbook BOTH from Stace! YIPPEE!! :)
3) An awesome meal in a cute, delicious restaurant -- EPIC FAIL
4) A yummy trip to one of the many bakeries or ice cream shops here-- INDEED! Kernel Kustard absolutely did it for me!
5) A tour of the Krispy Kreme Doughnut Factory (WHICH IS JUST MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE!!!!!)-- Tour is too strong a word. I stood and watched doughnuts get drenched with glaze. MMMMM. I'll take it. Lol.
6) A film. Ooh! Got it! I'm going on a search for the history of the grandfather I never met.
7) To win that awesome & incredibly expensive mattress I entered a contest for! FAIL. :( I was really convinced I'd win. Blech.
8) Find the random items I'm missing from among my things (my silverware, a bag of shoes I haven't been able to find all summer, aluminum foil (see what I mean by random??))-- I didn't find ANY of this stuff. Scowl. But Ladynay will be pleased to know I did get some replacement foil. LOLOL
9) A really sharp knife. Why? Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies. OMG!! I won a contest on Therapeutic Musings' blog and she sent me one. WHY have I ever cooked without this knife?? Cooking is so much more a joy with a good sharp knife!!!
10) Le Creuset wasn't on my list and it's a stretch to call this a birthday gift but since I loved it and we're talking about kitchen stuff, I LOVE this brand and got my first piece the other day. I salivated, sighed and smiled. I may have hugged it, too but I'll never tell. So in love are we two!
Overall, pretty great though I was soooo disappointed in the food. I have tried to more than make up since then!