This month there were some messes & successes but I feel pretty pleased with the progress I'm making. I'm soooo excited about all of the great opportunities that have been coming my way since Wake came into the picture. Life is wonderful.
1) Work on my relationship with God. I blew the Bible-reading goal out of the water. I finished Exodus and a few smaller chapters. I hit 185 chapters on the 12th day or something ridiculous like that. I promise I don't intentionally set my goal under what I know I can achieve. My philosophy just shifted. I was voraciously reading other books and thinking, if I'm reading these like this, why don't I devour the bible as well? So I started reading 4+ chapters a day around mid-month. This month I'll budget a little more than 2 chapters per day to add 80 more chapters to my total to get to 335. I want to finish I Samuel. That book is pretty awesome.
I did not make it to any churches but I want to go to 2 this month so I'll work on that again this month.
2) Start my next film. I worked on a few ideas last month but I want to make a decision about this film and take a definitive step. I also want to work more on the last one. Just a few small tweaks.
3) Take the next step in my career. I got hired at my first job teaching on the collegiate level and so far I love it!! This month I will network and get some of the many, many training opportunities on campus. I will also be attending a Broadcast Educators meeting. So exciting!
4) Try new restaurants. I did try at least 5 new restaurants in my new city this month. So incredibly, disappointingly underwhelming. There aren't really any places I'm really excited to go back to. You KNOW how depressing that is for me. :( This month I want to try 2 or 3 more I guess. :( I really started to miss Atlanta as I drove home yesterday.
5) Cook at least 3xs a week, 2 of those new recipes. I fell off the wagon a bit as I adjusted to my new city but I'm trying to get my mojo back... especially with posting. I've been terrible with that. So let's add post again!!
For August I wanted to try at least 2 vegetarian recipes each week. I really enjoy getting something new out of vegetables and not missing meat in my meals. Plus some of my vegetarian homies are starting to request it! I soooo forgot about this part of the goal! Lol. But still did pretty well considering meat-free meals used to be anathema to me. I even had a roasted veg sandwich one day! It was really good. I want to keep this one going.
6) Watch more movies. I said 10 movies would be a miracle. I watched 12! IT'S A MIRACLE!! Lol. This month I will adjust my goal upwards to 15. LOLOL. I am such a mess.
7) Workout more. I was shooting for 3xs a week. That didn't happen but I'm doing a challenge for September even though I haven't been acknowledged by the organizer. I'm still doing it. My goal is 6 pounds this month. That's really close to how much I want to lose overall. If I get much smaller than that, people will start asking me if something's wrong. They always do. Lol.
8) Statecations. This month I wanted to go wine tasting... didn't happen. :( I really want it to happen this month. I'll be sad if it doesn't.
9) Contact my grandma once a month. I was supposed to finally send her a package of my stuff from graduation & screening.... I didn't do that. But I called her! And she was sooooo excited! I think I can actually mail that stuff now! And the package for my godmom, too! Lol