1) Work on my relationship with God. Here's how you guys can help. What are some things other than going to church that have helped you, including books? I'm not saying I won't go to church but it has definitely been difficult for me to find a church in Gainesville. But let's be honest, I haven't been looking in nearly a year. I'm not SO concerned with church so much as I am with getting closer to God.
2) Finish my film. I will actually have achieved this by the end of April AND earned a master's degree for it to boot!! THAT IS AWESOME! I'm really excited about that! But it means I'll have to give procrastination the finger... something I haven't been doing.
3) Take the next step in my career. More on this later.
4) Try new restaurants. This is seriously one of the things I love about life AND about traveling between three cities (Gainesville, Atlanta, Charlotte)-- getting to try new restaurants. I'm going to shoot for once a month because I also need to give some old restaurants some play! I enjoyed some restaurants but have been so focused on new, I haven't been back.
5) Cook at least 3xs a week, 2 of those new recipes. Sometimes the recipes might be for a drink, but that's okay! Imagine trying 104 new recipes in a year! How exciting! One year I may go similar to the 'Julie and Julia' route and cook my way through a cookbook but with all the cookbooks I have, along with subscriptions to 2 food magazines, it's probably better not to so I can actually USE what I have. Lol. I'm REALLY excited about the Rick Bayless Mexican cookbook Rashan got me for Christmas! Yippee!! I will be posting the new recipes on 'The Record Dish' this year instead of here (2 new ones are going up today!).
6) Watch more movies. I. KNOW. Lol. Who could possibly want to!?!? MEEEEE! I actually enjoy it most of the time. I DO have to get myself out of 'you have to finish this movie because you started it' mode. I started that to keep myself from wasting valuable film-watching time and it's hard to get out of that habit. Since I only want to watch 365 movies this year, I can watch longer movies and ones people talk about a lot. Can't wait! :) Essentially by the time I graduate I will have seen more than 1,000 movies in a 2-year period. AWESOME!!
7) Workout more. I did a great job getting back my workout mojo at the end of last year! SO EXCITING! I just want to keep that going. I'll try some new classes and switch up my working out so I don't get bored. Yay!!! I usually put the 5k on here but running produces sharp pains in my ankle right now so until I can get that figured out, I'm sticking with regular working out.
8) I love Aretha's idea of statecations. Travel within the state is such a neat idea. We get so focused on getting away to far-off locales we miss some great things in our own states and even cities! So before I leave Florida I want to go to the Keys, Tampa and St. Augustine. PHEW!! That's a LOT in 6 months while trying to finish a film. But luckily the last two are less than 2 hours away so those can be day trips!
9) Call my grandma once a week. I know she needs it. Attention, that is. That's part of her problem. And maybe by talking to her once a week she can stop being so MEAN. That's the reason she's so lonely right now. She's pushed people away continually in her effort to control. So I might also be able to produce a positive change in someone else's life.
*And this year to keep myself on track better than last year, I will update on these goals monthly. I could probably get a new feature going with my conversations with grandma. That will be pretty cool.