1) White tuxes. This is so unacceptable. You look very very hood wearing all that white. And I don't need you competing with my blindingly white dress (which I have already designed in my head and will have made).
2) A non-dancing husband. I am a reforming party animal and this includes my wedding night. Let's get down!!
3) Orange. I hate this color. (I know, I know, it's one of my school's colors but I only allow it even on my Gator para in small doses.) Everyone who knows me knows this. I'm okay with coral, love peach, but orange? Vomit-enducing.
4) White shoes. They go right along with white tuxes. You are hard-pressed to find a cute white shoe so just stop.
5) Fondant. This is one of the most popular wedding cake additions and has been used to cover too many of them for probably more than a decade now. Everyone loves the fondant. I do not. No fondant. That being said, I don't like cake so I don't really care what the cake tastes like and hubby gets to pick that out.
6) Carnations. This is the cheapest, ugliest flower in the world. I don't want to go broke over flower arrangements so I want whatever are the prettiest flowers in season. HOWEVER carnations are not an option. Neither is baby's breath.
7) Snow. See any winter post from my time in Pittsburgh. 'Nuf said.
8) Tiaras. Not on me, not on the flower girls. Sparkling headband or hair adornment? Absolutely if it goes with the dress, but no tiaras.
9) Short or ugly bridesmaid dresses. Short fits when it's a less formal wedding. It doesn't strike my fancy when I have a long dress and hubby's in a tux along with his groomsmen and here come the bridesmaids chillin. I also don't want your ugly dresses in my photographs for LIFE so there will be no torturing the bridesmaids in that manner. All eyes will be on me regardless.
10) Very small children in the bridal party. I saw this on "Whose Wedding is It Anyway." Anyone younger than kindergarten doesn't know how to be still and may be too shy/sleepy/tantrum-throwing to go down the aisle when the big day comes. Good tip!
11) Custom vows. I don't need another thing to be bothered with writing. You know how I feel. I'm marrying him, aren't I? Plus I think the traditional ones are beautiful.
12) Short veils or trains. It's all about the DRAMA when it comes to veils and trains! I want at least a 3-foot train (up to 6 feet, yes almost a foot taller than me), possibly detachable since it will be a hassle to dance in and a detachable cathedral length veil. HAWT!!
13) Stress. At the end of the day, this is about me and the hubster and our lifelong commitment so if something small goes wrong in this ONE day, I'm pretty sure we'll be okay.