1) Please never call lake waterfront property "the beach." The beach requires an ocean. MIDWESTERNERS. And don't come in here with your technicalities. That is not a beach.
2) OMG! I think tall women are AWESOME!! I always wanted to be a tall woman. (I want to be 5'10 like Cindy Crawford. NAME THAT MOVIE!!!) My grandma was 5'11 before she started shrinking. Now she's like 5'9. It's hilarious that she shrunk and still towers over me. Her sisters are mostly giants, too. Her tallest sister is 6'1. The shortest is 5'7.
3) My favorite places to change my name? The ones that require no paperwork and therefore allow me to do it online. That would be Harris Teeter, Lowes, Facebook & Netflix. No I haven't tackled any of the big ones.
4) Why is every fashion blogger having epiphanies these days? And telling us all about them in angsty posts? Just live your lives, dears. Your readers will still ebb and flow. I've ebbed with many of them because I indeed was just reading it for the fashion. When it becomes about something else, I'm often less interested. But you should still blog about whatever you want. Tupac cares, if don't nobody else care.
5) It bothers me to see a perfectly beautiful piece of antique furniture painted. White seems to be the most common current trend but really any color can make my jaw drop. I'm not saying I haven't seen some great transformations. But I've also seen some that if I were a tad more dramatic would make me weep copious tears.
6) I don't like these muted or pastel nail polish colors that are all the rage right now. Makes sense. I don't like muted or pastel clothing either. Neutral? I can get with. Pastels? No. I see pastels and think, "Why'd you drain all the color out of it??"
7) Tried the pretzel M&Ms and pass. They don't taste like pretzel. They almost taste like peanut M&Ms/regular M&Ms. Very strange.
8) There are so many words I'm used to typing that when I start typing anything like it, my hands automatically type that word instead of the word I'm looking for. Example: I went to type 'strange' for no. 7 and just now and my hand automatically wrote stranger. Why do I write stranger more than strange? So weird.
9) Sometimes it takes a moment of self-awareness to realize how odd I can be. Another example: do I really have vicarious cats??? Cats that I claim as my own via THE INTERNET??? And have never met??? ...
10) Rashan and I are such word nerds. He was looking over my shoulder as I typed on fb and said, "I knew you were gonna say lexicon! Yes!" This is how we entertain ourselves. Knowing the 50 cent word (as my dad would say) the other will use. LOL
11) I've had a burst of teaching inspiration in the last few days and it is AWESOME!! I love it! :)
12) I promise I had no parts of caring about whether or not Jay & B were married when that whole thing went down. Now I totally get even more than I did at the time. Nunya business. What me and my husband or not husband have going on has nothing to do with you. YES! (Unless I decide to become a blogger and tell you about my relationship from the beginning until forever...)
13) I'm really shocked by my zen attitude toward having a wedding band only right now! Who is this person???